Politics

Christmas Tree

Those are some superb stats.

The suggestion that politicians struggle against these misconceptions, rather than perpetuate (if not instigate) them is less convincing.

On another topic, I realize that MPs take a miniscule fraction of public pay, however a 9.3% rise at this moment is like rubbing people noses in the misery....

Watchdog backs MP £6,000 pay rise http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23262503

On another topic, I realize that MPs take a miniscule fraction of public pay, however a 9.3% rise at this moment is like rubbing people noses in the misery....

Watchdog backs MP £6,000 pay rise http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23262503

I love it when they argue that as a lot of them are lawyers and "businessmen" and such they are taking a low salary out of the goodness of their hearts so deserve more not mentioning how it sets them up for life financially if that's what they want.

I still maintain they should be timesheeted contractors - I don't see how having a five year contract should lead to pensions, holidays and expenses as opposed to any other such contract terms - if they were contractors it might mean they actually turn up now and then and woould mean any nice jobs for family members would come out of their money.

At the time of the expenses scandal I did suggest that they should have increased salaries and reduced expense allowances. Though it's a bad time for that headline.

Anyone living in North Tyneside interested in writing dear old Norma's policy rhetoric for her can now do so .

Winning entries will go into print and online and be undersigned by Norma herself .

Its not because she hasn't got the first fucking clue mind .

Apparently it's to free her up more time to go to the bingo and to spend time rubbing her hands around the outside of a nice warm cuppa talking to Aida next door about what catfood is on offer at the Co-Op.

Anyway, she's had an initial stab at writing some but is appealing for help .

If you can trump some of her pearlers as below herself and Aida would be eternally grateful .

Remember, you don't have to back any suggestions up with solutions - banal and baseless scattergun empty rhetoric will do just fine dear yes .

"Encouraging people to aim high and achieve great things"

"Keeping people safe - also helping them to be healthier"

http://www.northtyneside.gov.uk/browse-display.shtml?p_ID=545894&p_subjectCategory=23

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23393852

... boo fucking hoo. Of course now some fucking idiot will see fit to waste large amounts of tax payer's money investigating this (not to mention the bollocks the five suspended police officers will have to go through just to get back to work). So the perp lost a couple of teeth, big whoop - he fucking hacked some bloke's head off in broad daylight, it's not like what he did is in question. A complete waste of money and effort on someone who deserves no mercy.

... boo fucking hoo. Of course now some fucking idiot will see fit to waste large amounts of tax payer's money investigating this (not to mention the bollocks the five suspended police officers will have to go through just to get back to work). So the perp lost a couple of teeth, big whoop - he fucking hacked some bloke's head off in broad daylight, it's not like what he did is in question. A complete waste of money and effort on someone who deserves no mercy.

Prison not police.

High profile cases like this one are where it's most important to not sweep police brutality under the mat. There is no line defined for how heinous a crime can be before the accused is fair game for a beating.

High profile cases like this one are where it's most important to not sweep police brutality under the mat. There is no line defined for how heinous a crime can be before the accused is fair game for a beating.

Police brutality my arse, if the guy got hurt it's his own fault.

You need to be able to divorce the crime he's committed from the one committed against him. It'll be his own fault if he's found guilty and banged up for the rest of his life.

It may have been his fault that he got a beating too, the force used may have been proportional. But the police aren't empowered to be a vigilante force. They can't behave like thuggish doormen, taking out their anger on alleged criminals. If his teeth have been knocked out there is a case for them to answer.

you were there then? :o

If you like prisoners being beaten by their jailers feel free to go and live somewhere where its a regular occurance...

I see crime is now at its lowest level since records began and more positive economic figures are expected on Monday.

It's all gearing up to a shoe in come 2015.

Wanking over 0.3% growth?

It must really upset the Daily Mail brain to welcome lower crime at the same time as being scared shitless about immigrants stealing their homes and rapimg their daughters.

you were there then? :o

If you like prisoners being beaten by their jailers feel free to go and live somewhere where its a regular occurance...

Good god... how fucking soft do you want to be with criminals? They should be locked in stone cells with straw mattresses and a bucket, no other luxuries as well while we're at it. Prison's a supposed punishment for a reason, all this bollocks about human rights is shite, if they don't want to be treated like animals they shouldn't act like them.

He's not even been convicted yet.

We have possibly the best legal system in the world, yet some people would rather resort to Taliban type justice. How ironic.

What I really like about the stereotypical daily Mail reader like Moog here is the fact it is they who don't understand or appreciate the historical institutions which underpin this country and make it great. And they think they are patriots. More irony.

He's not even been convicted yet.

We have possibly the best legal system in the world, yet some people would rather resort to Taliban type justice. How ironic.

What I really like about the stereotypical daily Mail reader like Moog here is the fact it is they who don't understand or appreciate the historical institutions which underpin this country and make it great. And they think they are patriots. More irony.

Ah of course, and here come the know-it-all, holier than thou internet geeks. If only we'd had a few more weak-knee, hand-wringing apologists like you lefty clowns throughout this country's history we'd probably be speaking German now. Try not to hurt yourselves in your clamour to get to your keyboards to come up with yet another obviously well thought return quip. While you're all sitting in your knitting circles smoking pipes and debating the merits of how to effectively ask someone to please not mug you the rest of us will just watch it all go to shit so we don't upset anyone's feelings.