Politics

Christmas Tree

Looks like the Tories are going to beat the shit out of the libdems in their southwest heartland. Clegg getting punished for getting to bed with the Tories by former Libdem voters voting ... Tory.

How do you mean? They seem to be getting the kicking they have long been predicted to get.

The pattern not the size. Too early to tell really but seems to be a mix of UKIP and Tory when I thought they had lost their popularity for being too close to the Tories. The criticism I kept hearing of Clegg was stuff like tuition fees. How have voters who have left the centre position because 'Clegg betrayed them' gone to the far right?

Looks like the Tories are going to beat the shit out of the libdems in their southwest heartland. Clegg getting punished for getting to bed with the Tories by former Libdem voters voting ... Tory.

This! I don't get it.

How do you mean? They seem to be getting the kicking they have long been predicted to get.

If you're turned off by lib dems doing a deal with the Tories you don't change your vote to get the Tories or ukip in.

The pattern not the size. Too early to tell really but seems to be a mix of UKIP and Tory when I thought they had lost their popularity for being too close to the Tories. The criticism I kept hearing of Clegg was stuff like tuition fees. How have voters who have left the centre position because 'Clegg betrayed them' gone to the far right?

I think a lot of average folk quite like ukip.

Please don't let it down to the DUP.

Sweet fucking Jesus, Sammy Wilson sticks a gun to the Tories head before he know whether he has a gun,

Someone shoot him now.

Fuck it, stick with tradition and cover him in semtex.

Edited by ewerk

If you're turned off by lib dems doing a deal with the Tories you don't change your vote to get the Tories or ukip in.

I disagree, lib Dems have often been a protest vote or alternative to the big two. UKIP now look to be filling that position.

You do if you're a person who wouldnt vote Labour even if your mum was standing for them....suppose its just a different side of the coin from up north where huge swathes of the electorate wouldnt go near anyone blue..

Ukip are picking up a lot of the disgruntled working class labour vote. I don't get it either

Not surprised you disagree. Or that you do so with a load of old bollocks.

Lib dems are a liberal progressive party. Ukip are a conservative regressive party.

Anyone making that switch is a moron.

Don't understand why, the Tories hate them. They want to scrap the license fee and give a free reign to Murdoch. I know it's fashionable on alternative website to cast the BBC as pure establishment but most Tories hate the idea of a nationalised broadcaster.

Only cause them and their friends see it as a money making scam - global audience - Eng speaking. That trumps whatever 'wormtongue' favours it might do them. The back catalog alone must be worth a billion.

Glasgow Uni media Group did brilliant work on the BBC bias about 20 years ago.

Edited by Park Life

This! I don't get it.

Majority of voters not particularly interested in politics vote base on how well the leaders come across to them in the small soundbites/headlines rather than their actual policies/philosophies, which can be easiliy influenced by media/'narrative'.

Think LibDems gained a lot last time due to Clegg being seen as a fresh faced alternative rather than any actual improvement in Lib policies, and now he's seen as a weak willed lying turncoat, they're done with him and move onto whoever tick's their big brother popularity box, irrelevant to how close their new choice matches the policies they voted for last time.

It's going to be a right fucking pigs ear if Labour with 239 votes end up getting in while the Tories have 300 plus.

Centre-left and left leaning parties will have a majority if the libdems don't do a deal with the Tories again. It's not too late for clegg to save his career!

Majority of voters not particularly interested in politics vote base on how well the leaders come across to them in the small soundbites/headlines rather than their actual policies/philosophies, which can be easiliy influenced by media/'narrative'.

Think LibDems gained a lot last time due to Clegg being seen as a fresh faced alternative rather than any actual improvement in Lib policies, and now he's seen as a weak willed lying turncoat, they're done with him and move onto whoever tick's their big brother popularity box, irrelevant to how close their new choice matches the policies they voted for last time.

Sadly this is where labour got it wrong. Miliband doesn't look or sound like a statesman. Apparently how you look while eating a bacon sandwhich and a silly voice is enough to keep you out of office today.

Centre-left and left leaning parties will have a majority if the libdems don't do a deal with the Tories again. It's not too late for clegg to save his career!

If the exit polls are correct and Labour go back on everything theyve said and get into bed with the SNP + the lib dems its 307 for them v 316 for the tories so thats not really plausible...

Sadly this is where labour got it wrong. Miliband doesn't look or sound like a statesman. Apparently how you look while eating a bacon sandwhich and a silly voice is enough to keep you out of office today.

Most people can't name 3 policies after weeks of campaigns and as mentioned will just vote for someone who 'looks right'.

If the exit polls are correct and Labour go back on everything theyve said and get into bed with the SNP + the lib dems its 307 for them v 316 for the tories so thats not really plausible...

Ah shite. So my maths is still rubbish.

You do if you're a person who wouldnt vote Labour even if your mum was standing for them....suppose its just a different side of the coin from up north where huge swathes of the electorate wouldnt go near anyone blue..

So therefore what is causing the shift? To that constituency of voter why swing back to the Tories given what the LibDems have done?