Politics

Christmas Tree

A Scottish Borders Council spokesperson confirmed: "Mr Rae will not be permitted to enter polling stations or the count centre while carrying a claymore to ensure the safety of members of the public, presiding officers, poll clerks and other staff."

Mr Rae claimed the local authority was being small-minded.

He told the BBC Scotland website: "The letter is just tae try and humiliate me and embarrass me in front o' the press and media that they know will be at the count centre."

Excellent :lol:

2007 Labour lose control of Holyrood and say they will listen and learn from their mistakes.

2011 SNP gain majority in Holyrood. The voting system for which was specifically designed to avoid. Labour say they will listen and learn from their mistakes.

2014 Labour look bad in referendum cosying up to tories seen as working hand in hand. After the result Labour say they will listen and learn from their mistakes.

2015 .........

Hi guys. I managed to raise our vote in my constituency by 50%. And still came last. :lol:

Dire result for the UK. The gap between rich and poor will be bigger than ever before. And for those of you who believe in the Union, this is possibly a killer blow in the medium term.

Still don't understand why people vote to become poorer.

But hey, Caroline Lucas pissed it in Brighton Pavillion. So life is still somewhat decent!

I tell you what fuckwit learn to count. Labour lost with or without Scotland so stop blaming us you prick.

Fuck off man. You think Sturgeon's campaign had no negative effect on Labour in England? It's all the Tories have banged on about for the last month and it's worked. Enjoy 5 years now of being raped.

Aye pleased for Lucas and well played doubling the green vote in your constituency. Fuck knows where the UK goes from here, but it doesn't feel like it'll be anywhere good.

I'm embarrassed to call myself English today. We live in a country of individuals it seems. Thatcher was right - there's no such thing as society, at least to the majority of people in this part of the UK.

I'm worried about the future for my children. I'm not sure I want them to grow up in a country that doesn't look after its most vulnerable - a country of tax breaks on companies and the highest earners, with rising social inequalities, privatised healthcare and a diminished welfare state. I might move to Scandinavia - they know their apples.

About time the rich and privileged got a helping hand, the poor* lambs.

*by poor I mean unfortunate, not the actually poor.. cos fuck them! amirite?