Politics

Christmas Tree

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

No, there will be direct trains from Newcastle to London Euston, only it won't be fully high speed until around York. That's why they are being stabled at Heaton. Did you think they were travelling 100 miles north for a bit of a clean?

So we will benefit,  but only if Leeds do. And its about capacity, not speed (once upon a time the trains were chocker, seems a long time ago). I know, I know, piss take away. Just seems odd to me people here would criticise HS2 when unlike crossrail we will benefit a lot imo. Or we can stick to third world trains and the megabus. 

If I don't think it'll particularly benefit the NE I'll criticise it. The original letter I got as part of a consultation stated Heaton would be a maintenance function, hence the letter as I'm local. If it leads to better trains etc, more of them than great but so far it's super high speed to Leeds and Manchester but fuck the rest? I'm happy to admit I'm not as clued up on it as yourself as you've already stated your interest a few times, so if I'm way off than mea culpa. :good:

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If I don't think it'll particularly benefit the NE I'll criticise it. The original letter I got as part of a consultation stated Heaton would be a maintenance function, hence the letter as I'm local. If it leads to better trains etc, more of them than great but so far it's super high speed to Leeds and Manchester but fuck the rest? I'm happy to admit I'm not as clued up on it as yourself as you've already stated your interest a few times, so if I'm way off than mea culpa. :good:

The worst outcome will be if they terminate the east branch, in which case we get zero benefit. Or even stop it at brum, in which case the whole North is fucked over, which is definitely possible.

I wasn’t asked but I’m off for scran in Tynemouth for probably the last time until after Christmas and then it’s home to sit all day pretending to enjoy the telly without football because the world is a Corona hotbed. Even that is more enticing than discussing the GDP and hypothetical trade borders as a result of Scottish independence

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The last three pages... :lol:

It's the weekend, you boring cunts. 

Fair point, maybe you could send us a blow by blow account of the latest loaf you’ve been baking. 

That is, unless you’re not too busy playing your Dungeons and Dragons games on your phone.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Fair point, maybe you could send us a blow by blow account of the latest loaf you’ve been baking. 

That is, unless you’re not too busy playing your Dungeons and Dragons games on your phone.

he doesn't do loaves anymore man. these days he feasts on meals of no more than 260 calories 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he doesn't do loaves anymore man. these days he feasts on meals of no more than 260 calories 

Was that him saying about losing weight cos he was only having 12 calories a day? Maybe it’s cos your not eating 3 loaves a minute mate? 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm off out for a pint while i still can

Do we reckon the lockdown will be national? I'm supposed to be in Keswick for a week next week (rented flat). I dunno if that will happen because overnight stays may be banned, but if not its going to be a bit shit without any restaurants or pubs.

55 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

There’s a cracking pencil museum there though. 

:lol:

It's closed because of covid, your callous bastard. I understand it was a long drawn out process. 

• Haha 2

Oof I tell you what, they don't like it when you have a go at them for talking about jock independence. :lol: 

If it makes you happy lads, rack up a few more pages. It's what Friday nights were made for. 🤓🤓🤓

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Do we reckon the lockdown will be national? I'm supposed to be in Keswick for a week next week (rented flat). I dunno if that will happen because overnight stays may be banned, but if not its going to be a bit shit without any restaurants or pubs.

Oh I dunno, you could read the last few pages out to your lass. Better than any night out. 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

The worst outcome will be if they terminate the east branch, in which case we get zero benefit. Or even stop it at brum, in which case the whole North is fucked over, which is definitely possible.

You know that Renton wasn't an actual trainspotter, right? 

• Haha 7

How much money do we think this government has spunked up the wall due to incompetence over COVID and Brexit?

I read an article last week that said £3bil of COVID funding was unaccounted for. And then I see shit like this every week

Companies given Brexit ferry contracts who own no ferries. Factories given PPE contracts despite never producing PPE. £50mil here, £150mil there. Money spent with zero returns and zero accountability for those in charge of it. 

And to top it off you have the likes of Cummings having his council tax bill written off and Kussenberg acting as the Tory spin Doctor for the BBC.

Even the stuff that used to keep us sane during all this is fucked. Theatres, music venues and Cinemas out of business. Football becoming an absolute cesspit of cunts. Professional clubs in League one and two struggling to pay their players whilst PL clubs spend £1.2billion.

Seriously considering fucking this country off for good

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let’s not mince words here- it’s not been “wasted”, the vast majority of it has been blatantly handed to their friends and associates. 

Given their utter incompetence, I think the contracts that have been exposed so far are just the tip of the iceberg. 

• Like 4

On 09/10/2020 at 18:36, Renton said:

I think eventually, there is a good chance large chunks of the country will be in tier 3. They will resist a national lockdown like let time until there really isn’t another option. Hopefully we don’t end there again