Politics

Christmas Tree

I've read a couple of things saying that when he was mayor Johnson gave the impression of competence due to a team of semi-competent people around him who ran things. 

Maybe he tried the same setup again but this set of cunts didn't get on. 

Will be interesting to see if he tries again. 

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It’ll all depend on who Bunter’s missus wants. Does this cunt ever make his own decisions? 

He decided to not acknowledge at least two of his kids… I suppose that’s a start? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't shake this feeling that, with Cummings continuing to work from home for the next 6 weeks, this is all political theatre.

There's been no row, no sacking. Cummings probably came up with this himself in order to lend some power and authority back to Johnson ahead of his planned departure at Christmas.

May even have been the price for some lucrative contract to a mate. The only reason I can think of for this not being theatre is that Cummings' pride might prevent such an outcome... except that he has so much disdain for the rest of us that I could legitimately see him enjoying taking us for fools.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I can't shake this feeling that, with Cummings continuing to work from home for the next 6 weeks, this is all political theatre.

There's been no row, no sacking. Cummings probably came up with this himself in order to lend some power and authority back to Johnson ahead of his planned departure at Christmas.

May even have been the price for some lucrative contract to a mate. The only reason I can think of for this not being theatre is that Cummings' pride might prevent such an outcome... except that he has so much disdain for the rest of us that I could legitimately see him enjoying taking us for fools.

Of course it’s theatre. 

He didn’t need to leave the building via the front door carrying a box. It was a photo opportunity. 

Also why is he taking public transport home? He could have had a private car or whatever.

• Like 1

I’m still not sure why he was carrying a box out of Downing Street when his office was in Whitehall.

He’s basically made a career out of lying to the British people. By making complicated decisions seem easy. ‘Take back control’. Great message but utterly without meaning and ignoring the reality of such an action. ‘Get Brexit Done’. Solid message again, just don’t ask us how. Don’t think about tax, education, public spending and especially don’t ask what’s underneath the bonnet or what we’re going to do next, this is just a vote to end all this chaos, even though it’s just the beginning of it. A man who the British public let take them for fools.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/11/2020 at 19:19, PaddockLad said:

That’s what I took 

just don't choose to die on a hill with the antisemites.

to mean. If I’ve got you wrong apologies 

This lot seriously have to fuck off and form their own party 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Meanwhile Diane Abbott shares a stage with deniers of the crimes against the Uyghur people and then apologises and condemns the violence in “Uyghur”.

It wasn’t even an apology.  “I’m sorry if” never is 

• Like 2