Politics

Christmas Tree

On 31/03/2021 at 11:00, ewerk said:

Or David Cameron's dodgy dealings for that matter.

This Greensill story beggars belief. He’s hiding from the media too. Better to stay silent than try to defend the indefensible 

• Like 1

I think it’s good to see some kick back against the compulsory flag worshipping counts like Davidson would probably like to see but he’s referring to a protest against the flag with people reclaiming that phrase isn’t he? Why the fuck anyone would give a shit what he says or thinks is beyond me though. Even when he was famous he was painfully unfunny (and a cunt) 

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I think it’s good to see some kick back against the compulsory flag worshipping counts like Davidson would probably like to see but he’s referring to a protest against the flag with people reclaiming that phrase isn’t he? Why the fuck anyone would give a shit what he says or thinks is beyond me though. Even when he was famous he was painfully unfunny (and a cunt) 

• Haha 1

Aye, nothing to do with the NI protocol says the man whose job it is to help implement the NI protocol. Own up to your mistakes, Ant, and take responsibility for the violence on the streets.

• Haha 1

It clearly is the NI protocol like, and what that means for the future. Not rocket science. Got to put a border up with a hard Brexit. Put it on the land, catholics riot. Put it in the sea, protestants riot. Who could have predicted it? 

• Like 1

Oh it definitely is. Anyone who has been through a loyalist area in the last couple of months couldn't have failed to notice the anti-Irish Sea border signs and murals mixed with messages of betrayal. These areas were tinderboxes and the decision not to prosecute anyone over the Bobby Storey funeral recently was the match that set it off.

• Like 1

I agree but if it wasn't for hard Brexit this wouldn't have happened would It? Seems to be the accepted political consensus now anyway. The fear will be that this will spiral out of control and the long held peace process will collapse. Okay, I'm not remotely familiar with NI but honestly, this seems quite a likely outcome to me. Ultimately triggered by Brexit as was repeatedly warned. Johnson has blood on his hands. 

The rioting is nothing new and in itself not a massive reason to get alarmed but there is a real sense that this could escalate. The LCC refusing to commit to peaceful means and the fact that the Unionist community do have a genuine grievance this time (albeit largely of their own making) makes me worry that we're only a couple of bullets away from this all blowing up again (excuse the pun).