Politics

Christmas Tree

Yeah..the men in grey suits will decide this time...up till now the only qualification they need to sit in the cabinet is blind unswerving loyalty to Johnson...in return they've been unsackabke. As Tugenhadt said the other day though this is the worst defence/foreign policy disaster since Suez and it looks like this useless twat just couldn't be arsed to help...

59 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

lying on a beach not making phone calls you say? nothing a staged photo when he gets back won't fix 

image.png.f39148e9fe7f0a14f5460e09e40451e6.png

Where's that from Gloom? I mean this is so transparent it feels like a piss take. It all does.

But in reality, as Alistair Campbell says.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Where's that from Gloom? I mean this is so transparent it feels like a piss take. It all does.

But in reality, as Alistair Campbell says.....

it's an official downing street pic. all over twitter at the moment. it's almost hard to believe that this is the official response, it's so laughably desperate 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

it's an official downing street pic. all over twitter at the moment. it's almost hard to believe that this is the official response, it's so desperately laughable 

That's the thing, its not even like we are being ruled over, robbed, and lied to by some sophisticated network of political geniuses. They are a bunch of entitled, incompetent, amateurs who are laughably bad at their job and don't give a shit. Yet people sill just don't care. The BBC does do some decent reporting and research, for instance this reality check on the lying cunt Ben Wallace (here), but its buried, nobody will read it, less care. However, I do think this crisis will trigger something major, now rags like the Mail have got the scent. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

lying on a beach not making phone calls you say? nothing a staged photo when he gets back won't fix 

image.png.f39148e9fe7f0a14f5460e09e40451e6.png

“Can you read me that back? That’s the one, the Ryder Special. Extra chillies on the kebab to keep the hair on me baalz! Over and out, laters Abdul”

• Haha 3

This is an interesting view on Afghanistan from the  Biden perspective. Taken at face value, I still think the choice is cowardlym morally reprehensible and ultimately counter-productive like, but anyway.

3 hours ago, Renton said:

This is an interesting view on Afghanistan from the  Biden perspective. Taken at face value, I still think the choice is cowardlym morally reprehensible and ultimately counter-productive like, but anyway.

As always seems to be the way these days, I agree with you. From the perspective of both the Afghanis but also our own soldiers who have effectively wasted time, blood and lives for this capitulation.

I don't know what the options on the table were but it seems clear that we stopped trying at a political level to advance the situation, some years back.

On 23/08/2021 at 10:36, NJS said:

I don't think sixth form lefties are the worst for "workshops" - I know from experience that city firms are fucking experts in that kind of torture.

The Civil Service could give anyone a run for their money too.