Man Utd v Newcastle United

aimaad22

Just because all this fuss over starting the match thread is silly, and I havent made one in ages :P

Anybody know if Cisse and Ben Arfa will be available for this?

No Rooney, No RVP. Shite manager and shite form. If there was ever a time to finally win down there its this.

Edited by aimaad22

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye they're a lot less fearsome without the two tbh. Still a good side mind and I'm still wary of a backlash from them as they must be sick of the grief they've been getting. They've also turned their form around in recent weeks and Everton are a very good side under Martinez. Just hope they don't have their shooting boots on, saying that that little bellend Hernandez loves scoring against us.

4-0 defeat. They were very good against the blue dippers, it was a freak score based on the game. Combined with the fact we have a defensive manager, and often cowardly players, I'm not looking forward to this one.

4-0 defeat. They were very good against the blue dippers, it was a freak score based on the game. Combined with the fact we have a defensive manager, and often cowardly players, I'm not looking forward to this one.

I wouldn't say Padrew has been overly defensive this season, but I can see this being one of the games he might take his more regular approach. I'd like to see Ben Arfa in place of Shola for this game, use their big pitch to try and drive some fast counter attacks alongsie Remy as otherwise we'll see plently of hoofed balls aimed in the general direction of Ameobi and the ball returning to Man Utd seconds after we gain it.

Really? I thought Everton were the better side overall and deserving of their victory.

Probably the worst time to play them. The backlash isn't going to be pretty.

How the fuck did you manage to get Alan Pardew's pre-game speech to his players? That's meant to be strictly confidential!

Yup.

This may sound weird to you guys of course but for me this fixture is the closest thing to a derby. Most football fans here are glory hunting ManU fans, no mackems in sight. So all the thrashings we've gotten there have been very little fun. There's not a fixture I'd like us to win more. :pray:

Yup.

This may sound weird to you guys of course but for me this fixture is the closest thing to a derby. Most football fans here are glory hunting ManU fans, no mackems in sight. So all the thrashings we've gotten there have been very little fun. There's not a fixture I'd like us to win more. :pray:

I had an uncle in Northern Ireland who thought like this, Sunderland never bothered him at all.

great, so we have to endure owen's co-commentary as well as the usual defeat

On Wednesday thankfully I had the alternative of watching it on Al Jazeera with arabic commentary, not a word of which I understood. Far more bearable.