Man Utd v Newcastle United

aimaad22

Lovely :lol:

I think my most enjoyable part of Newcastle at the moment is seeing a pariah like Mike Williamson have his day in the sun. Long may it continue.

What a rank and ignorant thing to say. Williamson might not have been the most talented player we've ever had, but every time he's been on the pitch he's always gave 100% and if you watch him play he's the one that often organises the defence ahead of our captain. He also seems like a model professional and somebody that's good to have around the club. As far from a pariah as you can get.

Contrast that with say Michael Owen...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just using every option available to try and win. I don't believe there is some conspiracy with the FA to give Man U trophies, but I agree that refs and their assistants bowed to Ferguson and still hesitate in the bright lights of Old Trafford. We see players and managers trying to influence officials all the time, I don't think it's solely a Man U trait... perhaps it being successful is though?

I do think their message boards are indicative to be honest. As are sunderland's and our own. There is a great number of young fans who have short memories and have never experienced the truly dark days, and they're reflected by NO. RAWK is an accurate reflection of the blinkered uniform view that Liverpool fans have. They do all think Suarez has been stitched up, they do think Dalglish isn't to blame for the daft transfers...

I live with a Liverpool fan, lived with a few of them to be honest, they've all had the same disease; Will not tolerate any criticism of Liverpool, Liverpool Football Club, or the people of Liverpool. It's beyond civic pride, it's beyond football allegiance, it's a unique malady for that area.

If my team had won 13 of the past 20 league titles, I think I'd be a little arrogant too... so what is Liverpool's excuse for the same level of arrogance? Every year it's their year, every year they're hard done by the fixture computer, the refs, the media, the conspiracy.

When chatting football with Arsenal fans I know, or Norwich, or Chelsea or West Ham, they all know sufficient about other clubs to have a proper chat. Liverpool fans focus entirely on their own club to the point it makes a conversation with them exhausting. As an example I was praising Martinez for dealing individually with Delofeu(sp?), Lukaku and Barclay. All roughly the same age, but each at a different point of his career. Within a sentence he's turned the conversation back to Rodgers and Liverpool.

And it's not just this one, I'm yet to meet a Liverpool fan I could have a football conversation with. They're biased and partisan beyond reason. Man U have only got one player who deserves to be at a big club and he's an Arsenal player. Liverpool have a better shot at the league than Arsenal because they've more class throughout the side.

I get that everybody is going to want to talk about their club, and I get that everyone will be biased in favour of their team/against their rivals, but Liverpool fans take that to a whole new level.

The Man U fans might be a bit arrogant, but at least they can agree their city has some dodgy bits, the world doesn't owe them something for their period of musical influence and their comedy isn't self aggrandising cliché shit.

/Rant

This post says more about you than it does Liverpool fans. Edited by Renton

Interesting that Fish loathes Liverpool so much and is based in London as I've found many of them with similar feelings about Liverpool. I suppose it's just about your own experiences but I've found Man U fans to be far more arrogant (and this is pre-premier as well as post). Both clubs have an almost complicit pact with the media now where johnny Bullsclem from Milton Keynes/Cornwall/Surrey/Belfast thinks it's perfectly normal that the media should automatically defer to those clubs in everything from 'news' (when there's nothing significant to report), to first dibs on highlights/live games to a plethora of ex-players giving the nation their own skewed views on the game in general and their old clubs in particular.

Anita for Cabaye, Shola up front with Remy, HBA to come on around the hour mark v Southampton.

Maybe it's just me, maybe older supporters have been worn down by the drip, drip effect of saturation coverage of these sides and people brought up in the sky era know no different? Maybe it's only me that sees a correlation of MUFC becoming just 'United' and the erosion of our clubs proper title, (notice how you rarely see the word 'United' on any graphics/captions on the TV let alone a mention of it by the likes of that blond gimp on sky, (Chamberlin).

In the comments section on the guardian match report (i know) some manc gimp was claiming their right to 'United'. His argument was the most stunning display of public stupidity i've seen in a while.

- Newcastle is a one club city

- There are 2 clubs in Manchester

- Where there are 2 clubs in other cities like Sheffield, one of the clubs is known as United in that city.

Then, he finished his post, leaving it hanging there as a tribute to the one-eyed morons of this world.

I find it all a bit small time this one set of fans is worse than the other codswallop. Most opinion seems either to be led by small man syndrome or media stereotypes.

Are we all cloth cap drunkards who share tin baths with whippets and hate all cockneys?

Most fans I have mingled with at Wembley have been good craic and similar to us.

While it's also nice to beat Man United I also think it's getting milked a bit in the media etc. I almost feel the cringeworthy "we beat Man U" t. Shirts and mugs will be getting rushed out for Xmas.

Good win but let's handle it with class.

Edited by Christmas Tree

We can all laugh at the Saint and Greavsie show which apart from football focus was your lot on a saturday dinner time for previewing games, but have a look at this clip.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSSqQXbzCOo

...... FA cup 3rd round day and not only are they putting a struggling 2nd division club on first, (us), the team we're playing are just an average 1st division club, (Derby). The report they have of us not only interviews our ex-manager but interviews the then short term chairman, (George Forbes) as well as interviewing a very gay looking Mark Jenson of The Mag which was still pretty new-ish at the time. They investigate what was going on about the failed share issue and basically give a decent overview of our club to Johnny Bullsclem from Milton Keynes/Cornwall/Belfast who might be a little ignorant of NUFC. Can you imagine some nice bit of fluff on sky introducing a similar piece if Sheff Wed were playing West Ham in this years 3rd round? Nope, me neither and sky have a lot more airtime to cover and a lot more money at their disposal than The Saint and Greavsie show I'd imagine.

I've no problems whatsoever with a Man U player/fan calling them as just United, because they are just United to them, where it gets a bit insidious for me is when a professional media person and there editors decide to erase our name to suit another clubs branding. I know there's some on here who will not give a flying fuck but for me it's just helping to cement that club's empire whilst belittling ours because at the end of the day, how fucking difficult is it to put 'Utd' at the end of our captions on their shows?

Edited by Howmanheyman

I find it all a bit small time this one set of fans is worse than the other codswallop. Most opinion seems either to be led by small man syndrome or media stereotypes.Are we all cloth cap drunkards who share tin baths with whippets and hate all cockneys?Most fans I have mingled with at Wembley have been good craic and similar to us. While it's also nice to beat Man United I also think it's getting milked a bit in the media etc. I almost feel the cringeworthy "we beat Man U" t. Shirts and mugs will be getting rushed out for Xmas.Good win but let's handle it with class.

Shockingly, completely agree!

Its a pity Glazer wasn't as thick as the Hull or Cardiff cunts and try a lawsuit to claim exclusivity for the name - having said that it would probably get a lot of support generally.

Aye.

Said similar on my Facebook on Saturday night which was full of gloating Geordies tagging mancs.

All felt a bit mackem to me, going OTT on a slender win for the first time in decades.

Absolutely delighted with the result and performance and seeing man U mid-table, but it's not like it was a cup final or owt.

We can all laugh at the Saint and Greavsie show which apart from football focus was your lot on a saturday dinner time for previewing games, but have a look at this clip.......

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2009/12/18/2010541264.jpg

...... FA cup 3rd round day and not only are they putting a struggling 2nd division club on first, (us), the team we're playing are just an average 1st division club, (Derby). The report they have of us not only interviews our ex-manager but interviews the then short term chairman, (George Forbes) as well as interviewing a very gay looking Mark Jenson of The Mag which was still pretty new-ish at the time. They investigate what was going on about the failed share issue and basically give a decent overview of our club to Johnny Bullsclem from Milton Keynes/Cornwall/Belfast who might be a little ignorant of NUFC. Can you imagine some nice bit of fluff on sky introducing a similar piece if Sheff Wed were playing West Ham in this years 3rd round? Nope, me neither and sky have a lot more airtime to cover and a lot more money at their disposal than The Saint and Greavsie show I'd imagine.

I've no problems whatsoever with a Man U player/fan calling them as just United, because they are just United to them, where it gets a bit insidious for me is when a professional media person and there editors decide to erase our name to suit another clubs branding. I know there's some on here who will not give a flying fuck but for me it's just helping to cement that club's empire whilst belittling ours because at the end of the day, how fucking difficult is it to put 'Utd' at the end of our captions on their shows?

Have a look at this clip? You either meant have a look at the clip of him or you posted the wrong link.

In the comments section on the guardian match report (i know) some manc gimp was claiming their right to 'United'. His argument was the most stunning display of public stupidity i've seen in a while.

- Newcastle is a one club city

- There are 2 clubs in Manchester

- Where there are 2 clubs in other cities like Sheffield, one of the clubs is known as United in that city.

Then, he finished his post, leaving it hanging there as a tribute to the one-eyed morons of this world.

I have the reverse logic. Newcastle is a city (like Leeds) that has a truly united football club. This obviously isn't the case for Manchester, so in fact they should change their name. Perhaps to Salford city. :D

We're an amalgamation of two clubs, hence United.

Newton Heath renamed themselves Manchester United after folding. So perhaps it was a marketing ploy from the start?

I've heard Shearer say `United',and he's trying to talk a bit posh

I'm not sure if he's joining in with the other pundits/presenters or if it's some kind of premier league directive but it irritates the fuck out of me.

Their scoreboard has us just down as 'Newcastle'

When..

A. We have genuine reason to use the title United - they don't.

B. We were United before them.

There's a load of Uniteds in the world - which one are they on about?

I find it all a bit small time this one set of fans is worse than the other codswallop. Most opinion seems either to be led by small man syndrome or media stereotypes. Are we all cloth cap drunkards who share tin baths with whippets and hate all cockneys? Most fans I have mingled with at Wembley have been good craic and similar to us. While it's also nice to beat Man United I also think it's getting milked a bit in the media etc. I almost feel the cringeworthy "we beat Man U" t. Shirts and mugs will be getting rushed out for Xmas. Good win but let's handle it with class.

Must be the Mackem-ish location CT, Can't see how this discussion has anything to do with 'we beat man u' mugs and t-shirts? Leave that nonsense to half the clientele of your lercal.

Beating them at Old Trafford for any long standing supporter should mean a lot after some of the shite we've witnessed down there over the years, however linking that into mugs/shirts? :lol: Location, location, location.

Shearer should have said at the weekend ` Gary, that was a well deserved victory for United .I thought United started well with Cabaye pulling the strings for United with Colo in the United defence supreme.United had a blip at Swansea but United today were well worthy of the win.Do you think United deserved the win Gary'