Man Utd v Newcastle United

aimaad22

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'United' being ignored is only a part of it, the way every other club has been downgraded in favour of a chosen few stands.

Fortunately or unfortunately it's business and a world wide business at that so obviously all media is going to focus on the "cream clubs".

We had more than our share of the spotlight when we were the entertainers. To the victor the spoils (or something).

Fortunately or unfortunately it's business and a world wide business at that so obviously all media is going to focus on the "cream clubs".

We had more than our share of the spotlight when we were the entertainers. To the victor the spoils (or something).

Wasn't always the case as I've tried to show with that clip.

The media will always focus on the clubs with the most fans.

The media will always focus on the clubs with the most fans.

Well..we get more in every other week than all but manu and arsenal, and manu and Liverpool are the only two with a truly large global pull. I think they concentrate on the teams who win trophies tbh. Or are popular with the media eg spurs. The rest of the clubs are there just to make up the numbers as far as the media are concerned.

Might change my username oto 'Jim Smith's sweaty top lip'. I was just thinking he sounded a bit pissed in the interview and then Greavsie gets the comedy bottle of brown ale out.

Used to love Saint & Greavsie.

He always sounded pissed. His top lip was often sweaty too. I'd imagine his palm was well greased too.

4-0 defeat. They were very good against the blue dippers, it was a freak score based on the game. Combined with the fact we have a defensive manager, and often cowardly players, I'm not looking forward to this one.

Wide of the mark, as Alan Oliver used to say.

One of my proudest days as a toon fan.

A little bit of the pride has been taken away by the fact that this is the worst manure team since the premier league began. There's quite a few of their players wouldn't get into our starting eleven now and there are very few times in my lifetime that anyone could have ever said that.

That said I'm still absolutely delighted with it now and it will live long in the memory.

I wouldn't have any of their midfielders (maybe Valencia) over ours from their squad on Sat.

And that's where the game was won. No doubt van Persie and Rooney are better strikers than any we've got, but past that you're starting to wonder. Is De Gea any better than Krul? It's a wash for me. Cleverley, Nani, Phil Jones, Anderson, Zaha...embarrassingly crap. I'd be honestly embarrassed to see Anderson turn out in black and white - how do you imagine the longtime Man U fans feel? Speaking of embarrassments, anyone remember Bebe?

And that's where the game was won. No doubt van Persie and Rooney are better strikers than any we've got, but past that you're starting to wonder. Is De Gea any better than Krul? It's a wash for me. Cleverley, Nani, Phil Jones, Anderson, Zaha...embarrassingly crap. I'd be honestly embarrassed to see Anderson turn out in black and white - how do you imagine the longtime Man U fans feel? Speaking of embarrassments, anyone remember Bebe?

De Gea is outstanding and is definitely better than Krul.

De Gea is outstanding and is definitely better than Krul.

If you're talking about his Atletico days, sure. His form at Man U hasn't been anything to write home about. Maybe he just didn't seem as impressive because his defence wasn't getting constantly breached the way Krul's does sometimes.

Calling them United doesn't bother me half as much as the focus on "how Man Utd lost the game", rather than "How Newcastle won the game".

Was listening to 606 (I know) and Robbie Savage was frustrated when a Geordie said that he hoped that Newcastle would get the praise they deserved, RS stated he'd given us loads of praise at the beginning of the program and that Shearer would be going over the game in detail on Match of the Day.

So I tuned in expecting to see praise for the way Newcastle controlled the midfield with greater possession, more passes (comfortably more than half coming in the final third) and more shots. Maybe how they defended well, how the forwards made it difficult for the home side to settle into any kind of rhythm. Instead we got how the Man U players aren't that good, how most of them "aren't United players", how Moyes needs time etc.

That isn't giving Newcastle United praise, it's giving Manchester United criticism.