Newcastle Vs Cardiff

Anorthernsoul

Adding one player to the team, Remy, transformed the way we played compared to the end of last season. The fat bastard needs to put his hand in his pocket and buy another player or two. The likes of Shola, Marveuax, Jonas, Obertan, Fergie, Abeid, Vuckic, Sammy are all getting paid for being nowhere near the first XI

In all honesty, paying Obertan to be nowhere near the first eleven is one of fat Mike's better decisions.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding one player to the team, Remy, transformed the way we played compared to the end of last season. The fat bastard needs to put his hand in his pocket and buy another player or two. The likes of Shola, Marveuax, Jonas, Obertan, Fergie, Abeid, Vuckic, Sammy are all getting paid for being nowhere near the first XI

That's what I think too. I know coming 8th isn't going to sound like a big deal, but the league is split in two this year. If we come 8th, we're at the bottom of the top teams - rather than at the top/middle end of the shite. That's progress in my view. And as 'Stones says, a couple of buys could really make the difference. And I do think we will buy when the right players come along, even if it's someone like Anita who has been a slow burner.

The mags are seething they are out of the cup and Obertan played

Europe beckons tho with empty seats and no interest anywhere in the world

Either your heart isn't in this or you're just rubbish.

Incidentally, I understand Sunderland have sold about 30k for their "massive" semi final home leg against Man Utd. That's about 16k short of capacity isn't it?

So the attendance thing isn't going to work for you any better than the bizarre 'we may be about to be relegated but it's better than being 10th' thing you were trying earlier. I note you've abandoned that, good call.

Edited by Rayvin

:lol:

I can honestly say that this daft cunt has cheered me up.

I was going to say before, he's given me a sense of perspective on all of this. A cup exit, while annoying, actually isn't the end of the world. I still think we're moving forward, just about.

I was not at all surprised by this result, and after allowing a little time for the inevitable disappointment I'm not too bothered by it.

:lol: I love that he's attacking us for the fact we might play in Europe next season. You know that's a good thing right? I know your lot have only had 2 games in it and it was hopefully before your time, but it's good to be involved in European games.

Also you're really ragging attendance of Thursday night ties in a tiny suburb of Athens featuring a bunch of younguns who have barely featured since, when you can't fill a stadium for a cup quarter final? Enjoy getting a kicking over 2 legs off the mancs followed by an exit in the 4th round (if you manage to get past the 3rd round which to be honest is about your rabbles level at the minute) of the FA cup. Then you'll have all them exciting relegation scraps to look forward too :lol: fucking exciting relegation matches get a grip man.

Regarding the 50,000 comment, I've still no idea what he means?

I think he means that the reports will all be about the second half and that we lost, but we played well in the first half. However, because there weren't many fans, that side of things won't be the pervading wisdom.

For those saying we had a good side out there, I'm not sure we played the best system for the players we started with.

Also, I understand rotating the side, but I'm of the belief a stronger side could have put Cardiff to the sword early doors, then make changes at half time.

Start Remy et al, get a couple of goals, then bring on the weaker players when the game is done.

The side was easily strong enough. Other than Elliot, who was poor for both goals.

It had to be either the ability, the system or the desire.

Two of those are Pardew's responsibility.

It had to be either the ability, the system or the desire.

Two of those are Pardew's responsibility.

Disagree.

That was a good enough team that had ability and the players themselves should have the desire to win when wearing the shirt.

As for the system I do wonder why he's gone back to the 4231 in the last two games that didn't work last year, but that said its probably more of a nuance thing than a massive change from 433.

Disagree.

That was a good enough team that had ability and the players themselves should have the desire to win when wearing the shirt.

As for the system I do wonder why he's gone back to the 4231 in the last two games that didn't work last year, but that said its probably more of a nuance thing than a massive change from 433.

"I disagree

apart from agreeing with you about questioning the tactics"

:CT:

The "system" put us 1-0 up. Elliot conceded two goals that he really should have saved. I watched the replay of the first one in particular and still can't work out how he didn't stop it.

The lack of a decent response to going behind was the most telling for me. That was the bit where we threw in the towel and signalled that we didn't really care about the competition.

I think the fact we played Elliot at all indicates that we don't care. If he isn't good enough for PL games, why would he be good enough for a cup game against a PL team?

I know Krul is 'out injured' but if he is miraculously available for City then I think that will speak volumes. And even if he was, we could do with a better backup goalie.

Although I hope to God that he's back for City...

Why aren't we putting our BEST team out for a competition where we could win a trophy in just 6 games?

2 reasons I guess;

1. Because its media profile is insignificant compared with the PL and consequently so is SD's exposure, and

B. Winning the FA Cup would fetch us £1,800,000, which is equivalent to about 2 places in the Premier League. Is it worth those extra games to risk losing two spots in the league (and potential TV income)?

As we are all manacled to the club, it's best to just take things on a match by match basis and seek your pleasure there, as there's absolutely fuck all chance of us winning anything with these wankers. Ambition is a dirty word.

A football club is, or maybe was, a social thing, it being run by and for capitalism is enduringly sickening.

That's pretty meaningless if they get beaten by a 'lesser' team though.

Nah, not really, they'll be moving to that level, so it's fine. ;)

Why aren't we putting our BEST team out for a competition where we could win a trophy in just 6 games?

2 reasons I guess;

1. Because its media profile is insignificant compared with the PL and consequently so is SD's exposure, and

B. Winning the FA Cup would fetch us £1,800,000, which is equivalent to about 2 places in the Premier League. Is it worth those extra games to risk losing two spots in the league (and potential TV income)?

As we are all manacled to the club, it's best to just take things on a match by match basis and seek your pleasure there, as there's absolutely fuck all chance of us winning anything with these wankers. Ambition is a dirty word.

A football club is, or maybe was, a social thing, it being run by and for capitalism is enduringly sickening.

I guess so. Unless Pardew really believed that a second string team could beat Cardiff. Although to be quite honest, I thought that team was good enough to beat them comfortably. So I'm not really sure why we didn't - even Cisse scored, so it's not like he was a total passenger.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, and wile disappointing, we know that the plan for the club is to not bother with the domestic cups and concentrate on getting as high in the league as possible for the placing money. That said, Europe (if we managed it) would be an inconvenience to the league for the following season so I suspect a similar approach will be taken next term unless Fat Mike thinks he can get more money from being in Europe than what he loses in league places.

We've been lucky enough this season that we've attempted more attacking football and we have a number of players that want to perform well prior to the impending World Cup but other than that we're still going to be the mediocre also rans just because that's where Fat Mike wants us to be - it's the best place for his pocket money.

With all that as an aside though, we're still better than the Mackems ;)

Before we get ahead of ourselves, and wile disappointing, we know that the plan for the club is to not bother with the domestic cups and concentrate on getting as high in the league as possible for the placing money. That said, Europe (if we managed it) would be an inconvenience to the league for the following season so I suspect a similar approach will be taken next term unless Fat Mike thinks he can get more money from being in Europe than what he loses in league places.

We've been lucky enough this season that we've attempted more attacking football and we have a number of players that want to perform well prior to the impending World Cup but other than that we're still going to be the mediocre also rans just because that's where Fat Mike wants us to be - it's the best place for his pocket money.

With all that as an aside though, we're still better than the Mackems ;)

There's a Champs League spot available for winning Europa from next year - you don't think that'd persuade him it's worth a go do you?