Newcastle Vs Cardiff

Anorthernsoul

Before we get ahead of ourselves, and wile disappointing, we know that the plan for the club is to not bother with the domestic cups and concentrate on getting as high in the league as possible for the placing money. That said, Europe (if we managed it) would be an inconvenience to the league for the following season so I suspect a similar approach will be taken next term unless Fat Mike thinks he can get more money from being in Europe than what he loses in league places.

We've been lucky enough this season that we've attempted more attacking football and we have a number of players that want to perform well prior to the impending World Cup but other than that we're still going to be the mediocre also rans just because that's where Fat Mike wants us to be - it's the best place for his pocket money.

With all that as an aside though, we're still better than the Mackems ;)

I know that if I walk into lampost it's going to hurt my head, I'm still going to say, 'fuck, y'bastard!' when it happens.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that if I walk into lampost it's going to hurt my head, I'm still going to say, 'fuck, y'bastard!' when it happens.

True, and I was still pissed off we lost to a wank team like Cardiff, especially considering their current plight (and I doubt very much a new manager made any difference to them).

There's a Champs League spot available for winning Europa from next year - you don't think that'd persuade him it's worth a go do you?

Nope.

He doesn't want us to compete. He wants us to continue.

There's a Champs League spot available for winning Europa from next year - you don't think that'd persuade him it's worth a go do you?

Please, you think he'd invest the tens of millions needed for us to be competitive in that competition (along with not imploding in the league) on the off chance that we'd win it somehow? Is this not Mike Ashley we are talking about?

To be perfectly honest - we didn't put a weak team. A weaker team maybe (partly down to injuries), but that side last night should have beaten Cardiff. I looked at the starting 11 and the only obvious weak link for me was Cisse - and he scored.

I'm not happy with the result and I now wished we'd started with Remy and put out the best side possible, but I think this was more a case of us simply not turning up on the day and putting in a performance for 90 minutes. Against a side with the new manager effect, no less.

To be perfectly honest - we didn't put a weak team. A weaker team maybe (partly down to injuries), but that side last night should have beaten Cardiff. I looked at the starting 11 and the only obvious weak link for me was Cisse - and he scored.

I'm not happy with the result and I now wished we'd started with Remy and put out the best side possible, but I think this was more a case of us simply not turning up on the day and putting in a performance for 90 minutes. Against a side with the new manager effect, no less.

I agree, but I don't think the system got the best out of the players we fielded.

Also the players were clearly not bothered enough.

Both of those things are Pardew's responsibility

I agree, but I don't think the system got the best out of the players we fielded.

Also the players were clearly not bothered enough.

Both of those things are Pardew's responsibility

Completely agree Mr Fish thats why it was so annoying when he tried to blame the fans for not turning up.

Steven Taylor:

"It's a killer blow. We understand. Listen, this competition is massive and people don't realise how big this competition is. Even from a young lad, come the FA Cup, this is what you want to be in and to try to win. But the last three years just haven't been good enough. We just need more belief. This is the third year on the trot for us - that's got to hurt. We didn't deserve to win. Maybe for 20 minutes in the first half, we played well and possibly 10 in the second half when we had a good little stint but they just wanted it that bit more. We didn't deal with the set-plays and, at the end of the day, that has cost us the game. I am just devastated we lost."

I'm devastated we're out too. Also not happy that this fucking Goon is still getting minutes on the pitch and representing NUFC in the media.

exciting times ahead

Relegation fight , every point and match very important

Semi final of 1 cup

Hillbilly westerners in the other cup

You have a season of trying to avoid a thursday night channel 5 cup night with a record low 12 mag away fans :closedeyes:

BL4_fF.gif

Are the mackems living off the fact we took 100 fans to Greece for a game most people had 7 days notice for? The flights were £600 man :lol:

To be fair, they haven't a fucking Scooby what European football travel entails. :good: