Your favourite music of 2013

ChezGiven

Some interesting albums with huge commercial success this year: Daft Punk, Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire, Disclosure, Drake, Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, Arctic Monkeys etc. Not managed to catch the Robin Thicke or One Direction albums but i hear they were decent too :)

Youtubes appreciated.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been massively impressed with anything I've heard this year. The acts I really like that have released stuff have generally disapointed me. There's quite a bit I like but nothing I love.

Haim

PSB

Arcade Fire

Nick Cave

Vampire Weekend

The National

Daft Punk

Kanye

Arctic Monkeys

Atoms For Peace

Boards of Canada

Bowie

Delorean

Jagwar Ma

James Blake

Janelle Monae

John Grant

Mazzy Star

The Naked & Famous

Okkervil River

Phoenix

Placebo

Primal Scream

Sigur Ros

Steve Mason

Suede

Yo La Tengo

!!!

Such a great song to sing along to, apparently this has been played everywhere by everyone in 2013. Not that i'd know, i dont go out anymore. Well i did once actually but i didnt hear this.

On Innervisions records, coincidentally the name of the Stevie Wonder album that was released the month i was born. Also this lad Dixon's record label. Best DJ in the world apparently. Not that i'd know :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I047BWE9YHg