Newcastle United v Stoke City

aimaad22

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sending off on Whelan did look harsh mind you... And our second was out (not so bothered about that one though as Stoke still made a dogs dinner of getting rid of it).

Not that it matters, Stoke are a detestable team.

Didn't look all the way out to me.

Well I only saw the one angle but if it had happened against us, I'd be pissed.

It's still more of a suicide than an injustice though - the Stoke players were just so poorly disciplined. We definitely should have had a late pen when Shawcross hurled Cabaye across the box for one thing, so it probably evens out.

Well I only saw the one angle but if it had happened against us, I'd be pissed.

It's still more of a suicide than an injustice though - the Stoke players were just so poorly disciplined. We definitely should have had a late pen when Shawcross hurled Cabaye across the box for one thing, so it probably evens out.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch

No great surprise to be banned from there, but they're still insisting that both reds were harsh (apparently Cabaye dived for Whelan's 2nd and Remy waited until he got into the box before meekly going down), that the ball went out of play before Gouffran's goal and that the last penalty Pieters went for the ball and HBA ran across him.

Almost entirely deluded; 1st yellow was soft, 2nd was nailed on, Whelan didn't protest at all he knew he had booted Yohan and was walking. Remy was still trying to finish the chance as he was being hauled to the ground, so I'm dumbstruck as to how that could be described as going down soft, ball out of play? the only angle I've seen isn't conclusive but I'm happy to take that on advisement, HBA was going away from goal and Pieters swiped his legs afterwards.

It's just incredible, almost a scouse level of a misplaced sense of injustice.

God I hate Stoke and the sooner they disappear off the face of the football map, the better. 30 yrs older club than us and have the grand total of 1 major trophy; the League Cup in the 70s

No great surprise to be banned from there, but they're still insisting that both reds were harsh (apparently Cabaye dived for Whelan's 2nd and Remy waited until he got into the box before meekly going down), that the ball went out of play before Gouffran's goal and that the last penalty Pieters went for the ball and HBA ran across him.

Almost entirely deluded; 1st yellow was soft, 2nd was nailed on, Whelan didn't protest at all he knew he had booted Yohan and was walking. Remy was still trying to finish the chance as he was being hauled to the ground, so I'm dumbstruck as to how that could be described as going down soft, ball out of play? the only angle I've seen isn't conclusive but I'm happy to take that on advisement, HBA was going away from goal and Pieters swiped his legs afterwards.

It's just incredible, almost a scouse level of a misplaced sense of injustice.

God I hate Stoke and the sooner they disappear off the face of the football map, the better. 30 yrs older club than us and have the grand total of 1 major trophy; the League Cup in the 70s

I read that thread you made in their forum - You'd have been hard pushed to get a more frothing, incoherent response from rtg if we'd just beaten them 5-1.

It's still a step below Liverpool though as you say - I'm trying to imagine what RAWK would have looked like back when Dalglish was still in charge (post-Suarez racism) if they'd been on the receiving end of today..! Hehe...

I doubt they'll go down this year mind you, but Hughes might find a way to get them relegated - he's gifted.

I'm chuffed with the result. Aye it was only against 9 men and they were the better side with 11 but I fucking hate Stoke. Whelan was actively looking to kick Cabaye I reckon, he'd gotten chippy with him for his first yellow (which was probably a soft one for kicking the ball away) but his 2nd yellow was for a petulant kick to the back of cabaye.

The 2nd sending off was fair tbh Remy was denied a good chance. Aye the ball did go out for our 2nd goal but we only got 2 out of 4 penalty decisions. Stoke lost today because they're dirty twats and it caught up with them.

Edited by Howay

Just watched the game highly enjoyable. I didn't see Whelan's first yellow but the second he was absolutely not hard done by. Moronic challenge when on a yellow, only a fool would direct their anger at the referee and not the player in that instance. As someone else said on here Whelan knew he was gone immediately after he made the foul, he was nowhere near the ball.

We were lucky with the handball, although not intentional that's always given. There was plenty of opportunity for Stoke not to concede from that mind you as we had to go 3/4 of the pitch first, so to say they conceded from a missed handball doesn't tell the full story.

It didn't look like the ball was completely across the line from what I saw, though it was mighty close to it.

The Pieters penalty was nailed on and should have been a yellow to boot. Shawcross got away with one just as bad shortly after, I guess by that stage the mercy rule had been invoked.

Anyway fantastic win, great for the for and against and for putting a smile on my face.

It exemplified for me what a shit manager Mark Hughes is. One nil up away at a difficult ground to pick up points, a prick of a player goes in for a cynical kick and gets himself justifiably sent off.

That's the time a manager needs to move on, calm his team down, see the game out to half time, reshuffle and hold onto the 3 points. The daft prick threw one of the funniest wobblies any of us could have ever seen and his team followed his lead.

Wanker.

First Whelan yellow was for squaring up to Cabaye rather than the actual challenge, wasn't it? The second was nailed on as it was a deliberate hack.

After that, as much as you don't always get them, you can't really argue with any of the decisions. The handball was never intentional - Williamson was at point blank range and trying to move his arm out the way. It would have been impossible to avoid it, short of running around with his hands behind his back.

The whole of the ball did not go out of play for Ben Arfa's cross. It doesn't even have to touch the line, it only needs to partially obstruct the sight of the line when viewed from above.

I hate Stoke - they're a dirty team with some horrible players. In truth they could easily end up with a sending off in most games they play.

Fuck them

Shawcross should've gone as well, shoved cabaye in the box, penalty and a yellow then the tackle on haidara which I'm still convinced he didn't touch and it was a bad tackle and too forceful and in the box also, second yellow, two penalties given away.

They weren't unlucky yesterday, they were lucky their lack of discipline didnt cost them more than it did.

Hughes ssid that the ref told him the first was for kicking the ball away and his excuse wss that nobody had heard the whisle at that point which is crap.

I'm not surprised he dismissed the second as nothing as kicking another player's legs/arse from behind was one of his trademarks as a player.

Oatcake is hilarious today, they're demanding Atkinson be investigated by the FA as they believe he's on the take, they're stating that each and every decision was wrong (there is no room for discussion and any dissenting voices are dismissed as wums), they're adamant it's a personal vendetta and so on and so forth.

Newcastle is both Lahdeedah and scruffy, our women are ugly, we're thick and intellectual.

What an unlikeable bunch. :lol:

What Hughes doesn't want to admit is that Cabaye did Whelan up like a kipper, wound him up enough at the first booking to make sure another was just round the corner. Agree with Andrew, Shawcross on Haidara was the worst challenge of the day. As many have said, Atkinson made them pay for being their usual dirty selves for a change.

Just spotted this on their match thread pre-game. (oatcake).

"Newcastle generally don't do draws. They did draw at home to Southampton earlier this month, and lost to Hull, so Stoke should match that. Like Spurs they are very good against lower placed opposition but poor against top half of the table sides.

If Stoke are a genuine top half of the table team they have a good chance of winning."
:lol:

Just spotted this on their match thread pre-game. (oatcake).

"Newcastle generally don't do draws. They did draw at home to Southampton earlier this month, and lost to Hull, so Stoke should match that. Like Spurs they are very good against lower placed opposition but poor against topo half of the table sides.

If Stoke are a genuine top half of the table team they have a good chance of winning."

:lol:

We didnt beat Man U, Chelsea and spurs like.

Set of berks

from the view in my seat they were further protected by the referee in the second half in respect of their poor tackling by failing to award at least 1 penalty and more than one obvious yellow card. to suggest the ref has screwed the rawk-stokenfans is wild.