Newcastle United v Stoke City

aimaad22

I really can't see where the complaints for the two sending off''s come from. For me the first booking for Whelan was for kicking the ball away which he quite clearly did (they're not always given as seen by the fact that Shawcross didn't get booked for twatting the ball into the Gallowgate in the second half, but that doesn't make it any less right) and then he was wound up by Cabaye and kicked out at him. Two stupid things for him to do which deservedly lead to his dismissal. For the second sending off the ref had not choice. He illegally prevented a goal scoring chance so he has to go.

I do think they were unlucky with first two goals like. Nine times out of ten you would expect a handball to be given against Williamson in the lead up to the first and for me the whole ball was out for the second (this wasn't the refs fault anyway like, the linesman is the only one who could have given that). But then again it looked like a stonewall pen against Haidara to me so there's some evening out there anyway.

We certainly were fortunate that they lost their heads and had those two sent off because we were looking very poor before then. I was reasonably confident in our ability to not play two halves alike and so get back into the game in the second half like. Anyway we get more than enough decisions going against us (two pens and sending off missed against Swansea immediately spring to mind) so I really don't give a fuck that we got something going our way for a change.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were utter shite, biggest travesty scoreline I've seen in our favour, they were sendings off but what a load of bollocks before they went.

But really who cares? There's many games we've lost cause of dodgy refs and there will be games we lose while seemingly on top...That's football. :)

I really can't see where the complaints for the two sending off''s come from. For me the first booking for Whelan was for kicking the ball away which he quite clearly did (they're not always given as seen by the fact that Shawcross didn't get booked for twatting the ball into the Gallowgate in the second half, but that doesn't make it any less right) and then he was wound up by Cabaye and kicked out at him. Two stupid things for him to do which deservedly lead to his dismissal. For the second sending off the ref had not choice. He illegally prevented a goal scoring chance so he has to go.

I do think they were unlucky with first two goals like. Nine times out of ten you would expect a handball to be given against Williamson in the lead up to the first and for me the whole ball was out for the second (this wasn't the refs fault anyway like, the linesman is the only one who could have given that). But then again it looked like a stonewall pen against Haidara to me so there's some evening out there anyway.

We certainly were fortunate that they lost their heads and had those two sent off because we were looking very poor before then. I was reasonably confident in our ability to not play two halves alike and so get back into the game in the second half like. Anyway we get more than enough decisions going against us (two pens and sending off missed against Swansea immediately spring to mind) so I really don't give a fuck that we got something going our way for a change.

That Haidara tackle was a sending off and a pen...

I thought we were utter shite, biggest travesty scoreline I've seen in our favour, they were sendings off but what a load of bollocks before they went.

Aye, but I wasn't expecting 2 halves of the same kind of shit we saw in the 1st 40 minutes. Were you thinking we definitely couldn't have got back into that? They weren't carving us open, we just weren't at the races. Even before the 2 sending offs I thought we'd still get something from the game, and I'm not exactly the most optimistic of Newcastle fans.

Biggest travesty, what a load of melodramatic shite. A Football match is 90 minutes. When they rightfully had 2 players sent off before the break and subsequently got twatted there's nothing misleading about the score line. In fact they were lucky not to concede more from additional penalties that should have been given.

Edited by OTF

Aye, but I wasn't expecting 2 halves of the same kind of shit we saw in the 1st 40 minutes. Were you thinking we definitely couldn't have got back into that? They weren't carving us open, we just weren't at the races. Even before the 2 sending offs I thought we'd still get something from the game, and I'm not exactly the most optimistic of Newcastle fans.

Aye I was expecting us to pick up for the 2nd half. We usually have one canny half nowadays, mind we were shocking for that first 40 minutes and it's a good thing Stoke are an utterly shite team.

I think I share the same view as most of you - the first yellow was soft but Whelan didn't have to be a dullard, he could've walked away. Second yellow was unquestionable. The red and penalty were equally unquestionable.

Williamson's handball should've been given, that's a legitimate complaint. The HBA cross was inconclusive to me. The refereeing was of a poor standard, especially in the second half, when Atkinson knew the game was over as a contest and started giving sympathy decisions. Shawcross should've walked and gave away what seemed two clear penalties to me, one for pushing Cabaye over in the box and the other for yet another shocking tackle on Haidara, who seems to get cut in half at least once a game.

But anything that happened after the second red barely counts. The game was lost at that point and those two reds were legitimate, so if Stoke are looking for someone to blame, it starts with their completely undisciplined manager who spat his dummy out and it's no surprise that his players did the same, the bunch of scabby mackem-coloured cunts.

Fuck Stoke anyway, nothing side who hopefully will soon disappear into the oblivion from which they came. Not long now if they hang on to Hughes for much longer.

I think I share the same view as most of you - the first yellow was soft but Whelan didn't have to be a dullard, he could've walked away. Second yellow was unquestionable. The red and penalty were equally unquestionable.

Williamson's handball should've been given, that's a legitimate complaint. The HBA cross was inconclusive to me. The refereeing was of a poor standard, especially in the second half, when Atkinson knew the game was over as a contest and started giving sympathy decisions. Shawcross should've walked and gave away what seemed two clear penalties to me, one for pushing Cabaye over in the box and the other for yet another shocking tackle on Haidara, who seems to get cut in half at least once a game.

But anything that happened after the second red barely counts. The game was lost at that point and those two reds were legitimate, so if Stoke are looking for someone to blame, it starts with their completely undisciplined manager who spat his dummy out and it's no surprise that his players did the same, the bunch of scabby mackem-coloured cunts.

Fuck Stoke anyway, nothing side who hopefully will soon disappear into the oblivion from which they came. Not long now if they hang on to Hughes for much longer.

:lol: All of that, basically.

The Williamson handball was far from clear cut. The rules of the game state specifically that it must be deliberate. Considering that Williamson was in the process of trying to move his hand out the way, when it caught him from point blank range, it's positively accidental.

The fact that referees quite often give them is neither here nor there - it wasn't deliberate therefore shouldn't have been a free kick.

The Williamson handball was far from clear cut. The rules of the game state specifically that it must be deliberate.  Considering that Williamson was in the process of trying to move his hand out the way, when it caught him from point blank range, it's positively accidental.

The fact that referees quite often give them is neither here nor there - it wasn't deliberate therefore shouldn't have been a free kick.

If it was on the goal line it would have got given. It's another rule they've made as murky as the offside by applying interpretations.

He moved his hand down into the path of the ball from memory, can't really tell with any certainty whether it was intentional. It's at the discretion of the referee, but they're regularly given, so it's easy to understand why opposing fans were upset about that. I would be too.

The wording of the rule leaves it extremely open to interpretation, so in other words it will generally favour the 'big sides' or the home team as it did here.

I think the referee has to blow up there -even though it would have been harsh on Williamson.. However they have been a lot more relaxed with the handball rules this year and I don't really know why.

Off the top of my head, 2 x handballs in the box against Swansea, Olson handballed in the box when we played West Brom, Anita handballed off the line against Man United.

I think the referee has to blow up there -even though it would have been harsh on Williamson.. However they have been a lot more relaxed with the handball rules this year and I don't really know why.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say they were still refereeing handballs the old way. This seems to support that as well: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2284201/GRAHAM-POLL--The-Official-Line-The-new-handball-rule-explained-Newcastle-got-lucky-Fox-penalty.html

Same rules, different interpretation? Because they've definitely given less this year.

I'd go so far as to say now that it's same rules, actually attempting the literal enforcement of them. It will take a few seasons at least for the current implementation of them to become widely accepted. As you would know current general perception is that if the ball touches arm arm/hand it's automatically a foul. Even wih the literal implementation there's a decent case that says Williamson committed a hand ball.

:lol:

"hope peter coates is drafting another official complaint. we have been poor, but against 9 men we would have had a better chance, along with the 2 penalties. not really sure why our players are wasting their energy when the refs are this corrupt. I'd pull them off if I were hughes."

:spit: