Newcastle United v Arsenal

JonTheMag

Is it just me or has Remy looked very uncomfortable in the centre in the last two games? You often see Debuchy and Sissoko in a crossing position but then pull it back because there's no one in the centre with Remy floating near the left flank.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or has Remy looked very uncomfortable in the centre in the last two games? You often see Debuchy and Sissoko in a crossing position but then pull it back because there's no one in the centre with Remy floating near the left flank.

Thats what we need in Jan tbh, if we can tie up Remy to a permanent signing and get a strong centre forward who wants to be in the box or playing through the middle it'll be an alright window.

Gomis would be a good one tbh

Remy is not a central striker. He's best on the left.

Which is why if we get a player like Gomis (assuming he's any good - the Lukaku mold), and push Remy onto the left, we'll be some team.

Thats what we need in Jan tbh, if we can tie up Remy to a permanent signing and get a strong centre forward who wants to be in the box or playing through the middle it'll be an alright window.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Aye thats what I was leading to.

Over to you Joe!

Ben Arfa who has played for Lyon and Marseille, both champions league clubs when he was there. But hey, he'll never be considered good enough to play for a CL club. :lol:

From England, Italy or Spain I meant...

Not going to give the attacking players too much grief as I think both teams defended very well, on the whole.

Two winnable games (1 league, 1 cup) before we entertain City. I think if we can get a bit of momentum, we could get something against Man City. Coming as their 4th game in 11 days. Three of those coming away from the Etihad.

22 from 30 points available

7 wins from 10

Only 2 losses

17 goals scored

Only 8 conceded

That's a hell of a run and we should thank the mackems for spurring us on. ;)

Really good game of two well matched sides and no real surprise that a goal either way stole the points.

A game against top opposition where it's churlish to berate any players.

Cracking game and hope the management and staff take the positives into the next game.

Really good game of two well matched sides and no real surprise that a goal either way stole the points.

A game against top opposition where it's churlish to berate any players.

Cracking game and hope the management and staff take the positives into the next game.

!!!

Well, bizarrely, we all seem to be in relative agreement on this one. Happy days, even in defeat. We have a six point gap ahead of Southampton as well, which should see us comfortably for a while.

Arsenal & Chelsea tried to sign him before the start of last season. :up:

To be a reserve of their reserves with a clear directive to improve his team play and awareness if he wants promoting in the squad. ;)

Very disappointed at their winning goal. Not a lot in the game overall and apart from a nervous start we were ok without really creating much. A point would've been fair and I'd have accepted that. We move on and hope we get a striker in Jan.

Yep, both sides strangely toothless up front, their final balls into the box very slightly better than ours possibly but both pretty much shite really. Surprised we didn't start 442 with Shola. Not too disappointed to get nowt from the game,but that attitude may change without 3 points at WBA. We can and should beat them tbh.