West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United

Howmanheyman

Utterly shite performance, we desperately need a striker in as soon as possible Shola isn't up to it and Remy is better out wide. Debuchy wants shot with shit for his ridiculous challenge.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to know is why is it that a shit player of theirs is able to make a run off the shoulders of our defenders right down the middle AND we can't!!!! EVER!!!!! What is it about the final third that we can't penatrate through the middle?!!! I mean this is not just this year this has been through the entire Pardew era. No one-twos. No Triangles. Nothing!!!!

That's about where we should be, tbh. If we finish 8th we've had a good season.

Yeah guess so! I'd like to think we're as good as Everton on paper, but I guess Martinez is a better manager than Pardew.

Edited by Rayvin

There was quite a bit of space in that game, players from both sides got free into decent positions but everyone looked jaded out there. Really should've made something count and I thought Remy, Sissoko and Ameobi were the worst culprits on that count. Debuchy took the ball not man but that doesn't count at all when you lunge in two footed like that, really fucking stupid of him to now be out for three games is it?

Edited by Howmanheyman

There was quite a bit of space in that game, players from both sides got free into decent positions but everyone looked jaded out there. Really should've made something count and I thought Remy, Sissoko and Ameobi were the worst culprits on that count. Debuchy took the ball not man but that does'nt count at all when you lunge in two footed like that, really fucking stupid of him to now be out for three games is it?

Precisely. I mean we have cover in this area but he's in such good form that it's a shame.

Superb passing in our half of the field. Abysmal passing when in their half.

Amoeba was a liability, should never have been on the pitch. He should have been taken off, not Gouffran.

Remy was almost as anonymous as he was in the last match.

BenArfa accomplished fuck-all when he came on.

Absolutely no need for Debuchy to go in with two feet.

Sissoko was poor.

Other than the first 5 minutes we never looked like we could win it. We deserved to lose, the front line was toothless.

Another game we should have won but didn't, but then we are Newcastle.

Sorry, but if we want to challenge the top 6, we simply can't be relying on the likes of Shola any more.

Desperately need a new striker. I'm aware that Cisse is still warming the bench but I'm not sure he's the answer even if he gets a bit of confidence back - we need someone who can partner up well with Remy and Gouffran.

Fuck all up front tbh, like LooneyToon said we can't penetrate teams through the middle. Looking at West Brom they have Berahino, Anelka and Vydra (although he seems to like to play wide he is effective through the middle), compared to us who only really have Shola comfortable through the middle, as Cisse is basically non-existent as a footballer at the moment and Remy/Ben Arfa/Gouffran aren't very effective through the middle.

Shola's purple patch of form is over now so we really have nothing through centre anymore and it seems like teams have noticed, defenders just go over softly anytime Shola tries to outmuscle them which refs fall for everytime and then they just keep showing Remy and Gouffran out wide knowing there's fuck all coming through the middle.

Could Cisse possibly be worse than Shola? The only contribution Shola had all game was winning a free kick, hardly any holding up. Also, Remy isn't bolted on to stick around, so we may as well look at our striking options afresh.

It's a table of two halves, 10 points between us in 8th and Hull in 10th.

We're still in a good position, but we could well continue this stuttering form especially given we've got Man City next in the league and then two away fixtures against sides down the bottom who are desperate for points. By then we could easily be midtable. I looked at the fixtures post-Stoke and I still feel that 3 points out of that lot would be a decent return and at least we're not playing Man City at their place where it'd be an almost guaranteed loss. Sadly they're finally finding some away form at just the wrong time for us.

Only consolation is that it's still 6 points between us and Southampton and that Spurs and Man U can't both win today. Plus another team near the bottom got beat at home so I believe.