Only in America

The Fish

Have not seen it reported anywhere. My normal 25 minute transit trip was 2.15 hours late. Last night a transit train driver hit an addict who fell asleep on the tracks. Tonight gunfire rang out and an innocent bystander was running away and hit by the train.

• Sad 1

Utterly fucking horrendous. :sad: 

Sadly the NRA will already be out on the offensive to defend the right to bear arms but how many more kids are going to die in American schools before something changes. In the UK it happened once, and only once. 

• Like 1

Another fucking round of thoughts and prayers will be the result. The same people sending the thoughts and prayers will be the ones opposing even the most minor of restrictions on firearms. 

Texas as well, so there goes another one of their fucking shit “it wouldn’t happen in a state that doesn’t have gun restrictions as the teachers would just shoot them back” excuse they always fucking use as well. Sickening, tiring, and fucking depressing. You could honestly record the aftermath of prior shootings and play it back - it would be a mirror image of the discussion that will be had on the topic.

The sides of the political spectrum aren’t just opposed anymore, there’s a fucking chasm between them and they will just vote against the other side simply to stop them doing anything no matter how much it’s needed. I’m not sure if it was discussed here but there’s a mass shortage of baby formula over here, after fucking ages of people raising the issue it finally was looked at and when Biden tried to put something through every fucking Republican except 9 voted against it. They cited some fucking bullshit about how it was Biden trying to get money into the pockets of FDA employees or some fucking nonsense. Even if it was true so fucking what? It was $26m, just bite the bullet and allow some action in the area - this is literally a month after them acting like they all actually give a fuck about human life to such a degree that there’s no way a fetus should ever be terminated, but now when parents are driving 180 miles scavenging for fucking baby formula you don’t give a shit? Because indirectly giving $26m to some employees is far more important? Fuck off you bunch of fat old pedos. 

I’m fortunate my daughter is 19 months so is past the age she needed formula, it was fucking soul crushing that when my wife put up that we had ONE single serve bottle of ready made formula on our town Facebook group that she had lots of messages asking if they can have it, and a woman drove across town to pick it up - a single fucking serving man. Between the response to the formula shortage, the inevitable handling of this school shooting, and the anti abortion fucking insanity I’m about ready to move.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 1

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I was reading about the shortages the other day, absolutely insane. 
It’s due to one production facility shutting down due to contamination, isn’t it? 

I read somewhere that there’s only 3 companies in whole of US that makes it, low margin business and not profitable enough 🙄

Since Dunblane there have been 387 shooting incidents in US schools resulting in exactly 400 deaths. Still..... 

2085982567_image0(002).jpeg.9cf442fe239d110d635ae9f9345b1009.jpeg

• Like 3

The 1.5 million firearms deaths that have taken place in American civilian life between 1968 and 2017 is greater than the number of soldiers killed in every US conflict since the American War for Independence in 1775.

:jesuswept:

• Jaysus... 2