Only in America

The Fish

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Roe vs Wade overturned. Pretty incredible victory for right wing America.

Incredibly depressing news, especially after yesterday's gun legislation. Crazy, fucked up country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Roe vs Wade overturned. Pretty incredible victory for right wing America.

Utterly vile.

Trump stacking the Supreme Court has just created a brand new legacy of poverty, crime and despair. 

I vividly remember reading a chapter in Freakonomics that argued Roe v Wade reduced crime more than police strategy did. 

America just took one more step towards a theocracy, even though a clear separation between church and state is codified in their Bill of Rights.

• Like 1

And in his closing statement, the Justice said SC should also review contraception, same sex marriage and same sex relationships.

America is gonna blow, it's like ISIS gone fundamentalist Christian.

• Like 4

The fact that it's happening in the time following our defeat of Trump is like another slap in the face. Doesn't even matter when we win, we still dance to their fucking tune.

I was in a call with a US client who stopped us mid discussion to excuse herself such was her shock and emotional feeling over it. I think she was actually in tears. Feels like distant lunacy to me sometimes but ultimately there are a large number of Americans who believe the same things we do and are stuck with this insanity.

37 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

And in his closing statement, the Justice said SC should also review contraception, same sex marriage and same sex relationships.

America is gonna blow, it's like ISIS gone fundamentalist Christian.

It's the Hand Maid's tale isn't it? 

The divisions being sown in the US will ultimately destroy the country imo. 

• Like 1

The pointless centrist bastard won't even try and do anything apart from trying to get his vote out in November and even if that works he won't do anything. 

Too late, fuckwit. 

How in the fuck did the US left let them win this? Apparently a 5-4 victory although one other person agreed but didn't whatever that means.

As it stands though, if Ruth Bader Ginsburg had stood the fuck down instead of dying on the throne, maybe we wouldn't be here.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rayvin’s claim that there was no difference between voting for Trump or Clinton continuing to age well.

Can you dig me up that comment?

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would imagine he has it bookmarked :D 

Me too but it never hurts to waste a bit of someone's time when they're making claims like this.

I recall the last one turned out to be out of context so it's not like ewerk has a perfect track record here. That said, if I said it I'm happy to acknowledge I was wrong, as ever. Although I'm sure there would have been plenty of opportunity to do this before now :lol:

• Haha 2

Absolutely radge that the Supreme Court even exists. 9 people with a job for life with the power to shape the fundamentals of a country. 

And you think well they must be really wise heads, and then nah actualy one of them is a sex offender called Brett who likes beer and has a mate called Squee. The others aren't a lot better. 

I predict some of those on the court will be picked off over the coming months. I'd love to see a genuine uprising over there that resulted in some actual change. Tough when the coppers have tanks and machine guns though. 

• Like 1

Does this result in a lurch to the left from a voting POV? I'm sure I've seen polls that say the majority of the country disagrees with the ruling. 

Well if you want it to not impact your state, you know what to do. Vote Dem for all elected positions in your state. 

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Does this result in a lurch to the left from a voting POV? I'm sure I've seen polls that say the majority of the country disagrees with the ruling. 

Well if you want it to not impact your state, you know what to do. Vote Dem for all elected positions in your state. 

85% supposedly support abortion in some form or another.

Maybe but I doubt it. We have Trump on steroids to deal with next time, it's going to be pretty awful.

• Like 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

85% supposedly support abortion in some form or another.

Maybe but I doubt it. We have Trump on steroids to deal with next time, it's going to be pretty awful.

I think Trump might be done. De Santis is beating him in primary polling at the minute. Although De Santis might be what you meant by Trump on steroids.