Only in America

The Fish

3 hours ago, Alex said:

The gun lobby etc will just say it could’ve been prevented by good guys with guns 

Wasn’t there lots of “good guys with guns” at Uvalde who were too scared, so just the kids be slaughtered? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wasn’t there lots of “good guys with guns” at Uvalde who were too scared, so just the kids be slaughtered? 

Yeah. It’s a ridiculous argument anyway. Especially as you know it’s just a matter of time before one of the people meant to be doing the protecting turns out to be one of the people shooting kids 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had ICE burst into our factory and detain 73 of our staff. I am beyond fucking livid! No problem taking taxes out of their paychecks. But you do not have a second piece of id and you are ziptied and marched out. The American dream, what a farce. Many kids tonight will struggle to fall asleep while searching for info on their parents whereabouts.

• Sad 2
  • Jaysus... 5

47 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Just had ICE burst into our factory and detain 73 of our staff. I am beyond fucking livid! No problem taking taxes out of their paychecks. But you do not have a second piece of id and you are ziptied and marched out. The American dream, what a farce. Many kids tonight will struggle to fall asleep while searching for info on their parents whereabouts.

Shite that mate. Sorry to hear it.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fuck me. That would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. Btw the latest Texas mass shooting (where 4 or more people have been killed or wounded) was, according to the beeb, the 198th in America this year. 

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s 69 more than there have been days so far in 2023. 

But it’s not the guns that are the problem…

Agreed.  This is the problem

Charlton Heston Gun GIF

Mad to think he was a liberal and a civil rights activist in the 60s. How do you go from that to where he ended up? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s 69 more than there have been days so far in 2023. 

But it’s not the guns that are the problem…

It's not. We need MORE guns. If the wokelist snowflakes in that bar in the video had been packing, they could have nipped this in the bud.

The US is such a fucked up country now, its unreal. I've given up trying to make sense of it. 

Look, you can’t change the constitution by removing the second amendment. 
Seriously though, I can’t get my head round the ease with which almost anyone can buy semi-automatic assault weapons. Imagine sending your kids to first school in a country in peacetime. And having a genuine, well-founded fear that they might be killed in yet another massacre. And the machinery of government basically being able to do very little to change the laws to help prevent that. We’re all guilty of becoming numb to certain horrors on the news. But it must’ve gotten well part that stage in the US where it’s the mass murders of (often) little kids in your own fucking country. 

• Like 1