Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

So what's the plans this year?

I'm currently looking at a Groupon offer with Solmar Villas which basically is saying you can book one of their villas in the med for only £399.

Their normal prices range £700 upto £1500.

Also, is Mallorca warm enough in April?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm enough for a cycling holiday. About 18c ish.

If you want a villa, go to somewhere like ownersdirect.co.uk and arrange it directly with the owner. It's much cheaper and you deal with the owner rather than some agent who doesn't give a shit.

Edited by BigWalrus

Thinking os somewhere in the Caribbean in either late march or august - Bahamas looks good but im worried its too much setup for Americans (nothing against them but prefer a mixture if possible) so also looking at Barbados

Barbados is excellent, I worked there for a few months, though I found August to be very overcast.

I'm just back from a week in Portugal, not nearly as much fun without the sunshine.

Got a weekend break in Paris in April, Thailand in June and NY in October.

Thinking os somewhere in the Caribbean in either late march or august - Bahamas looks good but im worried its too much setup for Americans (nothing against them but prefer a mixture if possible) so also looking at Barbados

Been to both, honestly preferred Bahamas although it is full of Shermans. But really, Cuba is a much better option than either.

Been to both, honestly preferred Bahamas although it is full of Shermans. But really, Cuba is a much better option than either.

Bahamas is great if you get off Grand Nassau and get out to the smaller islands, like the Exumas. I think Stocking Island is off Grand Exuma and that's a proper desert island looking place.

the Gumbay (sp?) Festival is cracking entertainment, you get invited into people's houses to try food and whatnot.

Somewhere sunny and cheap enough (Portugal or the Canaries seem likely) for Eurovision in May (am I fuck spending two weeks in Copenhagen after two weeks in Malmö last year), and a week in Portugal in June too, ostensibly for Matt's stag do but mainly so I can admire the Fish's abs at close quarters.

Mallorca is a lottery in April. Can be mid 20s and pool weather, could be 18-20 degrees with showers. Definitely nicer than the UK that time of year.

Crete is probably more reliable given it's practically in the middle east. i went there late september last year and it was low 30s for the entire two week stay.

I went to Barbados when the wife was pregnant. Loved the place. Amazing beaches, people, food, drink and service. It was our last ever child-free holiday so the place will always hold special memories. One of those all you can eat and drink deals, which was ideal as I was able to drink for two. It was a child free place too; I almost cried when we left and was told they would love to have us back but probably wouldn't see us again.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Mallorca is a lottery in April. Can be mid 20s and pool weather, could be 18-10 degrees with showers. Definitely nicer than the UK that time of year.

Crete is probably more reliable given it's practically in the middle east. i went there late september last year and it was low 30s for the entire two week stay.

I went to Barbados when the wife was pregnant. Loved the place. Amazing beaches, people, food, drink and service. It was our last ever child-free holiday so the place will always hold special memories. One of those all you can eat and drink deals, which was ideal as I was able to drink for two. It was a child free place too; I almost cried when we left and was told they would love to have us back but probably wouldn't see us again.

Which hotel? Sounds like one I went to, the Almond beach club (next to sandy lane).

If you do go in August then you have to try and get it to coincide with Cropover, the Foreday Morning parade is something else.

As for Mallorca, I was there at the end of April last year and the weather was pretty good, not sweltering but hot enough for the pool.

Just whacked 2 dates in there and thought it was displaying £628 a night and I thought fucking hell, I didnt know you were that rich :) - (that was for the week I think)

I'll have a proper look tonight.

Nope, it'll be that much for a night. Sandy Lane resorts are eye wateringly expensive.

We did a slightly cheaper one at Crystal Coves for our honeymoon and got a free upgrade into a two level beach front suite, and that was topping £2500 for the week. We had our first week in Florida to keep the cost down.

Aye, think Mallorcas knocked on the head. Rather have a bit more guarantee of shorts and t.shirt weather.

Tenerife seems to be the latest suggestion.

Anywhere else that's pretty reliable in April, short haul from Newcastle?

Heading off to Kerala in India for two of my best friends' wedding in October, and possibly another mate of mine is getting married in the Whitsunday Islands in Australia in August - if that happens will go to HK on the way over and stay with a mate of mine who recently moved there, then down to Oz for the wedding and hopefully go to Melbourne/Great Ocean Road (as I've never been but have done other parts of Gold Coast and NSW). How the hell I'm going to afford this I don't know.

Aye, think Mallorcas knocked on the head. Rather have a bit more guarantee of shorts and t.shirt weather.

Tenerife seems to be the latest suggestion.

Anywhere else that's pretty reliable in April, short haul from Newcastle?

Jesus, don't do that!

Nope, it'll be that much for a night. Sandy Lane resorts are eye wateringly expensive.

We did a slightly cheaper one at Crystal Coves for our honeymoon and got a free upgrade into a two level beach front suite, and that was topping £2500 for the week. We had our first week in Florida to keep the cost down.

yep - last week in march is 623 quid a night - August is "only" 348.

I was looking at premium economy/business flights as I don't fancy 8 hrs plus in a plane in economy which does come out at quite a lot but the march week is a special occasion so I'm willing to spend but not £4300 on the digs.

Edited by NJS

London for the weekend next month, Center Parcs for 4 days in March and a weekend in the lakes for December. If we end up moving house/falling pregnant then that will probably be it

Got a full itinerary or are you after restaurant/bar (no booze obvs)/unusual site ideas?