Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from a long weekend in Portugal and noticed that it's only ever 50 year old boilers who go topless on the beach these days. All the fit twenty-somethings seem to be keeping themselves covered up. <_<

Just back from a long weekend in Portugal and noticed that it's only ever 50 year old boilers who go topless on the beach these days. All the fit twenty-somethings seem to be keeping themselves covered up. <_<

23 year old with her fake jammers out in Turkey last week!

:lol: Next time come to Australia. I'm sure we could find, quite quickly, fit twenty-something ladies who could take up a lot of your time.

you should take a holiday in vegas if that's what you're after. the over 21s pool bar at the mirage is a sight to be seen. young, bronze fake tits as far as the eye can see.

Forgot to mention that in Istanbul I accidentally stumbled upon the 1 year anniversary protests that 25,000 police officers decided to attend as well. :lol:

After the glamour of Dublin, Utrecht, Vilnius, Barcelona and Leuven in recent years, the vote (of course there's a vote) for this autumn's Eurovision fan forum pissup weekender is between Edinburgh and Bilbao. :scratchchin:

Aaaand it's Edinburgh. :bored:

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo an old friend from Manchester just casually mentioned the other day that the bairn and I should "head over" whenever we wanted. They now live in Tampa Bay, have triplet boys the same age as the bairn, live an hour from Disneyland and have 2 visitors arriving next April.

Well, they will once I pluck up the courage to press 'buy' on the extortionately priced Easter school holiday flights.

Carpe Diem :)

:lol:

I'm not one to be too spontaneous or reckless normally in life except when it comes to travelling adventures (remember South Africa?)

Have messaged Tampa and they said yes, they did mean it. Have spoken to Mr M and he's happy for me to take the child out of the country without worrying that I might not bring him back. Just need to speak to my parents regarding some finance issues and I'll book it tonight - I promise.

I'm quite giddy :panic:

Best day to book flights is supposedly 34 days before you fly.

...and travel on a Tuesday/Wednesday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220223/Want-save-money-international-flight-Book-34-days-departure-make-sure-leave-Tuesday.html

It's at the start of the school holidays so the price doesn't drop significantly at all. Aaaaand we'll be travelling on a Thursday, but don't tell school :)

But thank you! ;)

I'm going to be sweating on whether I have a passport or not for going to Thailand. I sent it off two weeks ago and I fly on the 27th. I even applied for an Irish passport too as I thought it might be ready quicker but those arseholes can't even track my application in their system yet.

Sooo an old friend from Manchester just casually mentioned the other day that the bairn and I should "head over" whenever we wanted. They now live in Tampa Bay, have triplet boys the same age as the bairn, live an hour from Disneyland and have 2 visitors arriving next April.

Well, they will once I pluck up the courage to press 'buy' on the extortionately priced Easter school holiday flights.

Carpe Diem :)

I know people get arsey about it, but Sea World is superb.

And are you not better off going outside the school hols and just paying the fine.

I know people get arsey about it, but Sea World is superb.

And are you not better off going outside the school hols and just paying the fine.

Probably if it was for just a week but I'm not comfortable taking him out of school for 2 weeks.

And I'd love to go to Sea World personally. The beauty of staying with friends there is that they go to all the Disney parks often and know it inside out.

I had none of the cruelty reservations about going to Seaworld at the time, but when I was there I just found it weird as fuck. Massive military vibe around the place. Kids being encouraged to join the army and if they say they want to be a soldier then they get to meet Shamu, round of applause for any service people that stand up before a show, all that kind of thing.

I enjoyed Homossasa springs more, far smaller without any big shows or rides, but 'seems' much more of a natural habitat. Probably a bit out of the way from Tampa like, we were in Brooksville so it was convenient.

Knowing what is established now, I can't imagine why anyone would pay to go to Sea World personally.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday, sounds class. But don't go to Sea World.

I'm obviously showing my ignorance as I don't actually know what's established now! I think my ideas of it are based on knowledge from years ago.

And Ant - yes you get fined and it's a criminal offence to take your kids out of school for a holiday. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/education-26517395

I'm obviously showing my ignorance as I don't actually know what's established now! I think my ideas of it are based on knowledge from years ago.

I think a lot of people are boycotting off the back of this, but in my view anyone that doesn't consider captivity cruel before they see the film is not thinking it through.

I think it's a contradiction to boycott Seaworld for the whales but then go to Animal Kingdom for the Monkeys or Busch Gardens (owned by Seaworld) or the waterparks that house dophins in pools that waterslides go through.

The controversy only seems to get more attention off the back of the human cost, a couple of people have died as opposed to the thousands of animals that die in captivity in every other park around the world.

As a meat eating, zoo-goer i have some conflict about perpetuating the cruelty, but until it stops me going to all parks i doubt it would stop me going to one.

Anyway, this has put a downer on your happy day. Ignore this conversation and enjoy thinking about watching the fireworks in your Mickey Mouse ears.