Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

Ah okay, thanks for the info. Must admit that after a month in SA seeing wild animals in their truly natural state, it did make the concept of 'the zoo' etc more distasteful to me. It didn't stop me taking the bairn to Edinburgh zoo mind as he loves animals and it was an opportunity to actually see them rather than watch them on a screen or in a book. We'll see what happens - I'm Skype'ing with Tampa tonight so I'll see what their take on it is.

Oh and there's no downer on my day :) And I hereby promise to post a pic of us in our Mickey Mouse ears about 10 months from now.

Wouldn't care but Disney never appealed to me at all and the bairn didn't seem that bothered either, but I caught him watching an advert for Disneyland Paris the other day with this weird, magical look on his face. Then he said "Whoa mammy, that looks like the best place in the whole world :o "So I'd just be a bad mother if I didn't give him the opportunity to find out...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Florida but we recently went to Disneyland California, when visiting my brother who lives out there, and my little on had the time of his life, as did us parents. Even though we were restricted to mainly young kiddie rides, it was worth it to see his face when he got to meeting lightening McQueen and mater and there is something genuinely magical about the way Disney does it that you don't get at the likes of Alton towers etc over here. We've already planned a return trip to euro Disney. The Parisians don't do it quite as well as the yanks but the wee man will still love it, I'm sure.

Me and the Mrs went to Disney Florida 4 years back without any kids. The rides are poor for two thirty something's :D but it was the best theme park of the trip for the fireworks display alone. You have to stay for them. Unbelievable stuff.

I'm generally anti-zoos - I remember taking my niece to one when she was 5 and it really upset her that the animals were in cages. Having said that if you watch some of the animal reality shows its obvious they are staffed by dedicated people who do their best for the animals.

Sea worlds and other circus type things which use the animals as pure entertainment on the other hand are indefensible in my view.

Been to Florida Disney and the French one with the Wife and kids and in a way I preferred the Paris version as its just right for a few days break.

Oh no, no, no. I'm not in this for a few days break - I'm getting the fuck out of here for a fortnight! Haven't had 2 weeks away in 6 years and I was pregnant at the time so couldn't even have a drink.

Just back from my stag do (4 nights in Benalmadena). Was canny, although i probably wouldnt go back.

Off on the honeymoon 2 weeks on Sunday, 4 nights in new york then flying to Mexico for 10.

Bit girly but got Lion King tickets for Broadway which im looking forward too.

Cant wait to chill out for 10 nights in Mexico, staying at the Seaside Suites in Maya Riviera if any has been before. Looks really nice.

Oh no, no, no. I'm not in this for a few days break - I'm getting the fuck out of here for a fortnight! Haven't had 2 weeks away in 6 years and I was pregnant at the time so couldn't even have a drink.

It'll probably help a lot if you're staying with friends out there, will help you for chilling out. Enjoy yourself! :)

just booked a villa in crete again for a week in september. this time with our best mates that also have a three year old. it's all enclosed with its own pool and nice views of the sea so the idea is the kids entertain each other while the grown ups get sozzled in the sun. bosh.

Just back from my stag do (4 nights in Benalmadena). Was canny, although i probably wouldnt go back. Off on the honeymoon 2 weeks on Sunday, 4 nights in new york then flying to Mexico for 10. Bit girly but got Lion King tickets for Broadway which im looking forward too. Cant wait to chill out for 10 nights in Mexico, staying at the Seaside Suites in Maya Riviera if any has been before. Looks really nice.

i'm about to head there on a stag as it happens. i made the mistake of reading reviews on trip advisor. it sounds horrific - is it?

i'm about to head there on a stag as it happens. i made the mistake of reading reviews on trip advisor. it sounds horrific - is it?

Benalmadena? Nah it was okay, there was 15 of us (20-35yr olds) just hitting the square everynight til about 8am. Its a laugh, the eateries are shite mind. It only gets busy about 1am so dont go out to early.

Benalmadena? Nah it was okay, there was 15 of us (20-35yr olds) just hitting the square everynight til about 8am. Its a laugh, the eateries are shite mind. It only gets busy about 1am so dont go out to early.

yeah. i heard the square is a bit rough. apparently the place we're staying is renowned for knife attacks. one choice from tripadvisor says "avoid unless you want to be mugged, harassed or assaulted".

still, what's the worst that could happen - 15 pissed up lairy 30 somethings in fancy dress let of the leash for 48 hours.

I had none of the cruelty reservations about going to Seaworld at the time, but when I was there I just found it weird as fuck. Massive military vibe around the place. Kids being encouraged to join the army and if they say they want to be a soldier then they get to meet Shamu, round of applause for any service people that stand up before a show, all that kind of thing.

I enjoyed Homossasa springs more, far smaller without any big shows or rides, but 'seems' much more of a natural habitat. Probably a bit out of the way from Tampa like, we were in Brooksville so it was convenient.

I stood up at one of them like :-)

still another reason to be anxious of the alleged gangs of knife wielding muggers that work the area. we're not exactly going to blend in to the background.

i used to agree but when you're a married with kids johnny you don't get out as much as you used to so 48 hours away with 15 mates can be a welcome way to blow off some steam. that said, i'm usually champing at the bit to get home by day three mind. no prizes for hanging around on a two day hangover.

Off to new york next sunday. Any must do/must not do stuff? Never been before like and there's so much stuff to get through I'd hate to waste time on shit trips/excursions (I hate heights btw)