Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

Depends what you're after CT. Mint Leaf in picadilly, less than 5 minutes from you, is one of my favourite restaurants in that area - does really good swanky modern Indian food, awesome cocktail bar there too, without hitting Michelin star prices but possibly not up your alley judging by pics so far plus having a bairn with you.

For really good an affordable food try pullcinella in old Compton - some of the best pizza in London plus if you get a table by the open kitchen you can see the chef making it in front of you, chucking dough in the air an everything. It's a fun place. The drinks in the admiral Duncan afterwards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you're after CT. Mint Leaf in picadilly, less than 5 minutes from you, is one of my favourite restaurants in that area - does really good swanky modern Indian food, awesome cocktail bar there too, without hitting Michelin star prices but possibly not up your alley judging by pics so far plus having a bairn with you.

For really good an affordable food try pullcinella in old Compton - some of the best pizza in London plus if you get a table by the open kitchen you can see the chef making it in front of you, chucking dough in the air an everything. It's a fun place. The drinks in the admiral Duncan afterwards

Unusually for the south, you get a good head with your beer in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a 3 week holiday this year, spent most of it in Hossegor but we also went to St-Jean de Luz which is on the Spanish border. Saint-Emilion which is beautiful but a bit touristy, bought loads of wine there which I has to have delivered back as there was too much of it. It's a great town and surrounded by bucolic countryside and fantasy chateaux. Bordeaux for 3 days which has an exceptional amount of English pubs, not that I was in any as was with the kids but the whole place feels very welcoming to an Englishman. Possibly because the city owes its wealth and beauty to the English appetite for their wine. Worth a weekend away there if there is a direct flight. Had a mooch about Arcachon as a possible location for keeping a boat, visited the Dune de Pyla which is immense and had a day in the Medoc seeing some of the famous vineyards.

Weather was shit but the wine was good. Came back by myself on weds evening due to work and then took the 7am flight to Zurich the next morning. Fucking cheers.

Had a 3 week holiday this year, spent most of it in Hossegor but we also went to St-Jean de Luz which is on the Spanish border. Saint-Emilion which is beautiful but a bit touristy, bought loads of wine there which I has to have delivered back as there was too much of it. It's a great town and surrounded by bucolic countryside and fantasy chateaux. Bordeaux for 3 days which has an exceptional amount of English pubs, not that I was in any as was with the kids but the whole place feels very welcoming to an Englishman. Possibly because the city owes its wealth and beauty to the English appetite for their wine. Worth a weekend away there if there is a direct flight. Had a mooch about Arcachon as a possible location for keeping a boat, visited the Dune de Pyla which is immense and had a day in the Medoc seeing some of the famous vineyards.

Weather was shit but the wine was good. Came back by myself on weds evening due to work and then took the 7am flight to Zurich the next morning. Fucking cheers.

Blatantly posted this from the flats down by Percy Main Metro in his hondacrackas and Kestrel super strength beer stains on his bedsheets.

If you did a find/replace in this post with "wine" for "ludes", it would read like a bit of Di Caprio's voice over narration in The Wolf of Wall Street. :lol:

:lol:

You have to admit, it's a very detailed and involved self-delusion.

:D

Good luck to you, Chez, I enjoy reading your travel tales and patter in general but sometimes think we need an alternative Chez who stayed in North Tyneside and is basically a harry Bamp plonky from the Ridges. :)

:D

Good luck to you, Chez, I enjoy reading your travel tales and patter in general but sometimes think we need an alternative Chez who stayed in North Tyneside and is basically a harry Bamp plonky from the Ridges. :)

... So CT, then?