Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am off to NYC in December, cannot wait. My first time there. Got guide books etc, but if anyone has any tips let me know :)

I'm heading next month, fourth time. December is bloody cold, though if you come prepared then it's not too bad. The best tip I can give it to be organised, draw up an itinerary and group things together geographically so you're not wasting too much time zigzagging across the city. Tripadvisor is your friend as far as research goes. Also make sure you get apps that can be used off line to get you around, Tripadvisors City Guides and New York Subway Map are handy to have.

Got a week near Hawkshead in the Lakes at the end of September. Hoping for a bit of an Indian summer and planning on doing plenty of walking. Just realised what an exciting guy I am.

Got a week near Hawkshead in the Lakes at the end of September. Hoping for a bit of an Indian summer and planning on doing plenty of walking. Just realised what an exciting guy I am.

I'm jealous so what does that make me? :D

:D

Good luck to you, Chez, I enjoy reading your travel tales and patter in general but sometimes think we need an alternative Chez who stayed in North Tyneside and is basically a harry Bamp plonky from the Ridges. :)

I used to score tack regularly from the ridges in the late 80s, come out Smith's Park metro, cross over Waterville road and there was an old radge hippy serving up out his house opposite the shops. Think those shops were burnt out in the riots. I was actually in the ridges that night too, only passing through on the night bus though on the way back to Whitley. I also used to work just off Norham road, every winter, easter and summer for a couple of years. Proper minging job cutting insulation material for offshore oil pipes. The material produced a horrible black dust when it was cut and made your snots black even with protective masks. The lads who worked there were all from Seghill and were proper radge, most of them alcoholics but if you grafted hard they were sound. The summer i finished my post grad, the owner offered me the job as factory manager, 20k a year. Turned him down and took a job in London on 18k a year.

Reckon it was the right choice ;) On that note, with a propensity to over drink and consume stupid amounts of things that arent that good for you, i reckon arguably i was 3 or 4 decisions away from being bamp plonky from Whitley. Arguably i'm now just a bamp plonky living in France.

I used to score tack regularly from the ridges in the late 80s, come out Smith's Park metro, cross over Waterville road and there was an old radge hippy serving up out his house opposite the shops. Think those shops were burnt out in the riots. I was actually in the ridges that night too, only passing through on the night bus though on the way back to Whitley. I also used to work just off Norham road, every winter, easter and summer for a couple of years. Proper minging job cutting insulation material for offshore oil pipes. The material produced a horrible black dust when it was cut and made your snots black even with protective masks. The lads who worked there were all from Seghill and were proper radge, most of them alcoholics but if you grafted hard they were sound. The summer i finished my post grad, the owner offered me the job as factory manager, 20k a year. Turned him down and took a job in London on 18k a year.

Reckon it was the right choice ;) On that note, with a propensity to over drink and consume stupid amounts of things that arent that good for you, i reckon arguably i was 3 or 4 decisions away from being bamp plonky from Whitley. Arguably i'm now just a bamp plonky living in France.

You'd think you made the right choice judging by your posts. :D

Talking of 'Bamps', I wonder what the general consensus of who the biggest bamp on here is? (Obviously depends on the TT definition of bamp).

You'd think you made the right choice judging by your posts. :D

Talking of 'Bamps', I wonder what the general consensus of who the biggest bamp on here is? (Obviously depends on the TT definition of bamp).

Microwaves mushrooms?

:lol:

I will be in Coniston myself first week in Oct, cannie wait :)

Off to New York next Friday, done most of the tourist stuff the last time so looking froward to seeing a few different places. Debating taking in a NY Red Bulls game, their at home to Seattle who Obafemi is currently with.

:lol: He's like Benjamin Button that twat. I wouldn't really bother with an MLS game tbh they're fucking pish, suppose Henry may be worth a watch but the standard is poor and some of the first touches are painful to watch. Unless you can get cheap tickets. It's only a couple of stops from NYC penn station to Harrison though so travelling to it is piss easy.

I went to a game at the giants stadium when I was there in 98. The crowd was quite small but it was entertaining/interesting. The football was a bit like women's in that there were virtually no tackles of note.

I remember listening in on two lads talking about the upcoming WC and one just refused to accept how big an event it was/is. To be fair his mate did get it.