Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading to California next year. Got a great price last night on some business class seats with BA to San Francisco. Thought I'd wait and re-check everything in the morning to make sure that I'd got the right dates and times only to find that the price has gone up £300 each in the ten hours since I checked. The bastards.

Probably Venice. It was flooded so we were wading through the streets up to our knees in wellies which was a laugh. Athens was much bigger than I thought and was a cool city too

Tour guide: "Yeah Athens is a big city. Pub? "

"To your left is Athens, to your right more Athens, ahead of us Athens again and behind us is the Acropolis. All in all it's pretty big, any questions?"

Probably Venice. It was flooded so we were wading through the streets up to our knees in wellies which was a laugh. Athens was much bigger than I thought and was a cool city too

Worth having at least a couple of nights in Venice to get lost in the back streets. Also has a much nicer vibe when the day trippers have left. Thompson's used to fly to Verona from Newcastle iirc. There's some nice, inexpensive bars and restaurants away from St Mark's Square too.

Time to PM Meenzer's Guide to Berlin again.... ;)

:lol: I should charge commission. Whereas all I've got on Hannover is "clean but dull". Not that I've ever been much beyond the square outside the railway station.

Thank you!

Worth having at least a couple of nights in Venice to get lost in the back streets. Also has a much nicer vibe when the day trippers have left. Thompson's used to fly to Verona from Newcastle iirc. There's some nice, inexpensive bars and restaurants away from St Mark's Square too.

I know two gentlemen from Verona.

Got my Berlin trip in just over 2 weeks - had a look at Hertha's fixtures around that weekend on a whim and turns out they're playing Dortmund.

Tickets appear to be available so I'm more than a little tempted... to those that are going or have been, where would you recommend sitting? Don't want to be with the ultras, wouldn't mind a decent view, and will be with the missus.

Got my Berlin trip in just over 2 weeks - had a look at Hertha's fixtures around that weekend on a whim and turns out they're playing Dortmund.

Tickets appear to be available so I'm more than a little tempted... to those that are going or have been, where would you recommend sitting? Don't want to be with the ultras, wouldn't mind a decent view, and will be with the missus.

That sounds mint. German football is mint, even their 'ultras' are friendly so I wouldn't go for seats too far away from them - that way you can soak up the atmosphere. Plus you can have a pint while you watch the game - different class basically.

Paging @@Jill!

Do go, anyway, wherever you end up sitting. Currywurst, beer and one of Europe's iconic stadiums. What's not to like?

Man up and get in with the ultras! That said, we're going this weekend for the Bayern Munich game and apparently we're in some neutral block.

Last time I went we were in block 36.1 and this was the view, with a spot on atmosphere too:

160214a.jpg

They've got one of those 3D things on the website for checking the view from each area.

Can't imagine the ultras at a Hertha match would be that intimidating.

I went in with the ultras whilst going to a Union Berlin match, which is a much smaller and more intimidating atmosphere. It was completely fine.