Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minute walk from me. Let us know what you're up for and i'll give you some suggestions.

Sound

We want to do the Tower & The general museums really. Someone said get to the Tower first thing in the morning.

Also I have a friend who worked on the Foundation Louis Vitton and being an engineer I would love to go see that.

90% likely to be going to Florence in November to visit an old friend.

Already been there in Assassin's Creed and worried the real life views won't compare.

Also just had a weekend in Leuven/Brussels. Was cheaper and quicker on the train from London than it is back to Newcastle. Not sure I'll be attending a home game anytime soon now my eyes have been opened to the alternatives.

Love Florence, beautiful city.

Sound

We want to do the Tower & The general museums really. Someone said get to the Tower first thing in the morning.

Also I have a friend who worked on the Foundation Louis Vitton and being an engineer I would love to go see that.

Priority must be to get round Chez and drink all his expensive wine.

Sound

The pre-timed tickets for the tower were sold out last time I was there so I booked some through Get Your Guide. They're a bit more expensive but there's no waiting and a guide will take you to the summit and give you a little history. Worth the extra few quid imo.

Sound

What ewerk said, not been up the tower for years. The LV building is accessible by metro, it's not far from St Laz but count 30 mins to get there. Not been but seen it last time I took the kids to the park next door (which is great if you have kids). Give us the street name where you are staying, it's relevant as I might recommend my mates place for eats.

Just booked up for Cyprus next year. Booked a lovely looking Villa and can't wait. It's a treat as we've had to do without a hol for a couple of years.

As an aside, always fancied Florence and quite a few of the European cities mentioned on here from time to time, would love to see Rome but would be worried it might suffer from being a capital with too hustle as I've an interest in the classical world. The Missus has difficulty getting around so always feel we miss out a bit, (notwithstanding the cost of a normal holiday and affording weekend city trips as well).

Flights to Peru booked. 11 days working with a charity in a town on the Amazon only accessible by air or boat. Working between a hospital, school and orphanage and then 3 days further down the river in an EcoLodge taking in some wildlife and local hospitality. Can't bloody wait.

Wow, amazing sounding trip. I've always wanted to go to South America

It's going to be very different. I have a friend that has lived and worked over there for 20yrs and a group of us are going to mainly work with his charity. It's a ridiculous opportunity and the travel bug won't leave me alone, despite balancing it out with the guilt of leaving the bairn at home for 2 weeks. I'm desperate to take him with me but he's probably just too young, despite the fact I'm absolutely convinced he's wise enough to make a bigger contribution than I can.

There's a documentary in Netflix about it.

Can you remember what it's called? You should have a gander at the You Made It Weird podcast with Pete Holmes. There's all kinds of stuff in there that would be right up your alley. Some of them are a bit over the top on the American fake scale but loads of them are really interesting.

It's called Ayahuasca: Vine of the Soul. It's a while since I watched it so not sure if it's still on there. There's another one called DMT: The Spirit Molecule, and I'm pretty sure that it's just DMT that's in Ayahuasca.

I'll have a look for that podcast, cheers.

City break with the lads in January to be booked this weekend (dirt cheap flights that month to everywhere it seems after xmas) probably Hamburg or Amsterdam then back to London for a couple of days, Week in NYC in April, Glastonbury then Algarve for a week 1st september then I'm looking at fucking off to AUS/NZ/Asia for a year or so this time next year because I'm fed up of England