Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked up for exactly the same December Gran Canaria trip that we did last year (a week earlier this time), since the complex and the town were nice and quiet and the local restaurants were very decent. Officially getting old, I think. :D

CT, London-wise based on my findings from the weekend just gone, I can recommend a stomp around the Olympic park in Stratford if the weather is decent and you fancy going over to that side of town - they've tarted it up nicely post-Games and there's all sorts of kid-friendly goodies dotted around it, like mini-climbing walls and things. Failing that, if you'd rather stay central, you should at the very least go and pay your respects to Thatcher at the National Portrait Gallery. ;)

Just booked up for exactly the same December Gran Canaria trip that we did last year (a week earlier this time), since the complex and the town were nice and quiet and the local restaurants were very decent. Officially getting old, I think. :D

CT, London-wise based on my findings from the weekend just gone, I can recommend a stomp around the Olympic park in Stratford if the weather is decent and you fancy going over to that side of town - they've tarted it up nicely post-Games and there's all sorts of kid-friendly goodies dotted around it, like mini-climbing walls and things. Failing that, if you'd rather stay central, you should at the very least go and pay your respects to Thatcher at the National Portrait Gallery. ;)

Nowt wrong with that. I'm off to the same part of Crete I went to last year for a week in September. Edited by Dr Gloom

I can't wind down because I haven't completed my itinerary. Going to have to finish on the train in the morning.

Art galleries won't be on it though :lol:

Must just say lads and lasses, this apartment we've booked in London is a real find.

Roomy, on Leicester square itself, full kitchen with all appliances, free WiFi, free chocolate, nipping clean, soundproof from outside noise and free chocolate.

All cheaper than a Travelodge.

ysy7yra5.jpg

u7y2unan.jpg

yre8asa6.jpg

7eveby8u.jpg

a6y7y6e7.jpg

a2are2u9.jpg

And free chocolate. :)

That's two minutes' walk from the Thatcher portrait. Two minutes' walk! I expect a selfie with your hero at the very least. Hat optional.

Couldn't be bothered to walk it, looked at this painting instead.

7eveby8u.jpg

That's two minutes' walk from the Thatcher portrait. Two minutes' walk! I expect a selfie with your hero at the very least. Hat optional.

If it's in that national art place it's not happening. Longest five minutes of my life last time I got dragged in.

If it's in that national art place it's not happening. Longest five minutes of my life last time I got dragged in.

It's at the National Portrait Gallery, as I said about eight posts back. Next-door to but not the same as what I'm assuming must be "that national art place". First floor, near the front. You might have to pass Tony Blair on the way though. ;)

It's at the National Portrait Gallery, as I said about eight posts back. Next-door to but not the same as what I'm assuming must be "that national art place". First floor, near the front. You might have to pass Tony Blair on the way though. ;)

Portrait gallery or London's pride in Covent garden?

Tough choice.

Does your wife not mind you spending more time posting pictures on here whilst walking around London than actually experiencing and enjoying the holiday with her?

Most people post a few pictures when they get back, not give a running commentary while they are there

Does your wife not mind you spending more time posting pictures on here whilst walking around London than actually experiencing and enjoying the holiday with her?

Most people post a few pictures when they get back, not give a running commentary while they are there

That's a no.