Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

Belfast for the weekend at the end of the month (I'll be there for the derby actually) and then definitely something later in the year. I think it's about time the bairn learned just how much his mammy likes travelling! :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a special deal. It was buncey but I dont remember it being as much as 300 sheets a night. More like 200, which I thought was fair value for the amount I drank in the champagne breakfast buffet every morning.

We got a special deal. It was buncey but I dont remember it being as much as 300 sheets a night. More like 200, which I thought was fair value for the amount I drank in the champagne breakfast buffet every morning.

Whassat then?

If you're taking your daughter(s), I'm not sure Turkey is a great idea. Most lasses I know that have been say they'd never go back.

I've heard the same. Two of my mates had to literally run out of a bar because of the unwanted... "attention" they were receiving.

Was feeling quite good about Turkey until I realised how many bad ass countries border it!

Can't believe people go there.

Steering clear of Marmaris because Turkey shares a border with Iran is akin to avoiding New York City because you're worried about Mexican bandits.

Any parts better for getting out and about. (Can't bear just sitting chilling).

Hire a car, Cyprus is a piece of piss to drive around and the scenery is great and there's loads of places if you want to stop and eat.

Last time we stayed in Peyia a little out the way of Paphos and about 5 mins drive from Coral Bay which had loads of restaurants and shops on one strip if you like that. Also a couple of supermarkets. If you have the car you're on the doorstep of the mountains and not that far from some good archaeological sites and you can have plenty of privacy too.

Edited by Howmanheyman

It's called Seven St Georges, which makes it sound like an English bar, but it's Cypriot owned by a really nice family.

Anyway, it's not in the main town, so it's a taxi journey, but there's basically no menu, you pay a fixed price (16 euros when I was there) and they just keep bringing you mezze dishes until you tell them to stop. Their only stipulation is that you don't waste any food, so they ask that you really do tell them when you're done.

The veg will be the nicest/freshest you've ever had, and the meat dishes are amazing, and cos you don't get a choice (you just get whatever they've just made fresh that day), you end up eating stuff you would never normally try. They make their own organic wine too, which was surprisingly nice.

http://www.7stgeorgestavern.com

Last time we stayed in Peyia a little out the way of Paphos and about 5 mins drive from Coral Bay which had loads of restaurants and shops on one strip if you like that. Also a couple of supermarkets. If you have the car you're on the doorstep of the mountains and not that far from some good archaeological sites and you can have plenty of privacy too. 

I think the villa one of the daughters was looking at was near Coral Bay. Mountains and archaeology sound canny though.