Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

I have only been for a stag do before so I imagine this will be a bit more sedate.

Its generally a mint city though with loads to do apart from the obvious.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, its why I went airbnb. 3 nights and KLM flights for about just under 600 quid for two of us.

She can chip in once we are there, I'm not made of money.

West of the main squares is an area called Jordaan, big market there- set your lass away whilst you sit at a cafe and flange watch. :good:

Don't do the "diamond tours", and, unless you enjoy looking at an entire floor of "studies of potatoes in brown", I'd swerve the Van Gogh museum.

As Alex said, the Rijksmuseum is quality.

Cheers mush.

Got a flat next door to Sarphatipark in Pijp, with the idea being we can walk most of the things we (she obviously) wants to do, the trains and trams and that are class from hazy memory, if not.

Instead of Ann Franks house try the Portugese synagogue in Amsterdam Sud....fuckin eerie, Amsterdam had 75k Jews in 1939, and most of them worshipped there....in 1946 they reckon there was maybe only 10k left. Your missus will love it :good:

Never associate me with Mako again please + who tf is thompers?

I believe he was a wrong un who used to frequent the board. I think the Authorities got to him in the end.

He did offer to suck my cock for baccy once mind.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Going to Budapest in a couple of weeks, going to make our way up to Berlin on the train. Going through Vienna & Munich & anywhere else in between we can be arsed.

Attending Ujpest Dosza vs Honved & Hertha Berlin vs Werder Bremen, plus touristy stuff :D

• 2 weeks later...

After the myriad delights of Dublin, Utrecht, Vilnius, Barcelona, Leuven and Edinburgh, for this October's Eurovision fan gathering we're off to... Rotterdam. Oh well. Just booked the train there and the overnight ferry back with TV-/wifi-equipped cabin and a three-course meal in the ship's restaurant. Glamorama. :lol:

After the myriad delights of Dublin, Utrecht, Vilnius, Barcelona, Leuven and Edinburgh, for this October's Eurovision fan gathering we're off to... Rotterdam. Oh well. Just booked the train there and the overnight ferry back with TV-/wifi-equipped cabin and a three-course meal in the ship's restaurant. Glamorama. :lol:

How much was that?

Him indoors is the secretary on this one so I'd have to check the e-mails I've *apparently* been forwarded, but I think it was about £120pp for the round trip, which also gets you your train travel at either end of the ferry leg. Reckon you could do it for less (esp the outbound Eurostar) if you were booking as soon as the tickets were out ("Planning" :lol: , etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

Having a few nights in Edinburgh in September just for something to look forward to. I've been loads but not recently so any recommendations for eating/drinking are welcome.