Newcastle United vs Manchester City

Tom

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into yesterday's game expecting very little, but wanted to see us compete and keep the score down. I certainly wasn't expecting to be leaving the ground feeling as if we'd been robbed. There's nothing that I can say about the decision that hasn't been said before, but, honestly, it's up there as one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Still have a knot in my gut, thinking about it. Horrible.

The performance itself, I thought, was very good. We worked hard, and pressed all over the pitch. There was genuine aggression and desire in our play, even before the controversy. We did lack incisiveness in the final third, but still created enough chances to have deservedly got something from the game. I'm not sure Remy is the right kind of player to be leading the line for us in this formation, he always looks at his best cutting in from the left. Doesn't seem to have that instinctive awareness when in a central position. We're seeing more and more chances being wasted, where quicker thinking would have resulted in a goal. Hopefully we can add an out and out striker over the next few weeks, and move him back onto the left.

Only major grumble I have is that our first substitution should have been Hatem for Gouffran. Anita was playing well, and the change in shape lost us our momentum and fluency. The injury to that fucking little quim didn't help either, like. But, that's now two of the best teams in the league who have come here looking to spoil and time waste once they've gone ahead, which says a lot for the threat we pose.

Tiote MOTM. He fucking loves games against the big boys, and what a fucking hit. Feel confident saying that he's completely turned it around now, and he's back to his industrious best for us.

Edited by Inochi

Completely agree about Tiote, him versus Toure yesterday was fantastic to watch.

Fucking City fans claiming that De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa was a fair tackle are the most self-deluded one-eyed monstrosities of the modern game. The rules have been adapted continuously to provide referees the chance to send off players who dont make full contact but endanger an opposition player. De Jong's tackle was far worse that Mbwia's as it was a pre-meditated attempt to dish out a 'reducer' early on in a game against what was widely considered pre-match our main attacking threat. His wonder goal at Everton the week before signalling him as our key danger man. De Jong played the ball and man in a deliberate attempt to hurt Ben Arfa, absolutely obvious to anyone watching that day. Of course he didnt intend to do the damage he did but the wink clearly shown on TV between him and another player condemned De Jong's intent as that of a cowardly cunt.

Any City fan who thinks that De Jong's tackle was clean or fair is a cunt. I did my ligaments as a kid, most painful horrible thing to happen to me. Not in the slightest bit arsed about Nasri, hope his leg falls off.

I thought that my irritation at yesterday's game would have dissipated by now. It hasn't. Absolutely shocking decision. And if I read another Man City fan bleating on about how 'Newcastle are the dirtiest team in the league', 'Pardew is the worst person in the history of the game', 'Newcastle are the new Stoke', 'Horrible thug team', 'De Jong tackle was nothing compared to the Nasri attemped murder' etc. etc., I swear I'm going to pull my eyes out. The most blinkered perception of a football game I've seen in ages. Liverpool levels of blinkeredness. Utter fucking cunts who know nothing about football. As if Nasri is whiter than white as well the jack russell little shit.

Edited by ADP

Are they claiming the tackle was bad? I heard that Peligrini was whinging about it but I assumed that was just the usual manager shite. I watched it again this morning and can't see anything to complain about. It was a booking and nothing else.

Thought it was a yellow card tackle personally. He wanted to bring him down, not break his leg. Cattermole made a worse tackle on Saturday that didn't even get given as a free kick

Think the height of it is why I wouldn't have complained if it was red, he sliced through the knee rather than ankle or shin level.

I thought that my irritation at yesterday's game would have dissipated by now. It hasn't. Absolutely shocking decision. And if I read another Man City fan bleating on about how 'Newcastle are the dirtiest team in the league', 'Pardew is the worst person in the history of the game', 'Newcastle are the new Stoke', 'Horrible thug team', 'De Jong tackle was nothing compared to the Nasri attemped murder' etc. etc., I swear I'm going to pull my eyes out. The most blinkered perception of a football game I've seen in ages. Liverpool levels of blinkeredness. Utter fucking cunts who know nothing about football. As if Nasri is whiter than white as well the jack russell little shit.

The De Jong tackle was worse on every single count. He set out to injure Ben Arfa, Mbwia wanted to bring Nasri down. De Jong was 2-footed, off the ground in a head on collision, Mbwia was from the side. And finally, the defining piece of evidence that settles any dispute, Ben Arfa was out for 18 months with a double leg break, Nasri has sprained some ligaments due to a side impact.

It was a typical cynical scythe but those tackles very rarely cause injury which is why I assumed he was making a meal of it - definitely a yellow at most.

That's what I thought at first, but looking back on it, it was a bit more than a trip. He properly swiped at his leg and it was very high.

Really, it should all be irrelevant, as if the referee hadn't needlessly disallowed a perfectly good goal, the likelihood is that our more aggressive side would never have reared its head.