The Great North Run 2014 - Run for Kidscan!

KidsCan

Hi Everyone,

I represent Kidscan, the children’s cancer research charity – Kidscan.org.uk

We’re a growing charity, and that’s really thanks to our amazing supporters who take part in all kinds of events for us every year! We don’t receive government grants for our research, so whatever supporters are able to raise by taking part in events really is vital.

Rather than making several threads for events which we would love you to take part in, I thought it would be better if I combined them into one! If you have any questions about any of them, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

We have 160 places in this year’s Great North Run, and we would like to offer you one, for FREE!

No entry fee, no waiting for a ballot place. For free.

We ask people who sign up to send us a post-dated deposit cheque, which is only cashed if that person cannot take part in the run, or if they cannot raise the sponsorship target of £275, but I’m sure you’ll be able to hit that no problem!

You can sign up for a free place by clicking here – http://tinyurl.com/Kidscan-GNR

We are offering our places to you for free in the hope that you’ll be able to raise a s much as possible to fund our vital research into childhood cancers.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Many thanks.

The Kidscan Team

• 4 weeks later...

Did you know that the ballot for the Great North Run closes today?

Why take that chance? You can have one of Kidscan’s places for FREE!
We don’t charge people to take part in the Great North Run!

Get your place by clicking here!
www.tinyurl.com/Kidscan-GNR for the Great North Run – Half marathon (13.1 miles) on 7th September

Thanks for your support!

• 3 weeks later...

40 places have been snapped up already! Still plenty to go.

If you would like one, please get in touch.

Also, keep an eye out for our posters which will be up and around the bus stations and Metro stations Tyne and Wear! If you see one and can take a photo of it we'd really appreciate it!

We'll send you a wristband if you're able to take a decent photo of one!

• 3 weeks later...

60 places have gone!

Have you seen our posters around the Tyne & Wear Metro?

There should be one at Monument! A Kidscan wristband, badge and pen for whoever posts a photo of one of the posters!

• 4 weeks later...

70 places have now been taken!

If you are still thinking about signing up, please visit our website!

www.kidscan.org.uk/event/great-north-run

Edited by KidsCan

• 1 year later...

No idea who KidsCan is but as you all know my life was (and still is to an extent) in the balance last year, and thanks to the wonderful progress doctors have made in the last five years, I'm still here. They reckon in 5-10 years if they continue with the progress they're making, brain cancer and 60% chance death within 5 year odds, will be all but dealt with.

Anyway hats off to KidsCan just call me CuntsCan. My lass is doing the GNR in 2 weeks, if you could make a small donation to the charity she's running for you're a good lad or lass. The address is www.justgiving.com/steph-clark2