West Ham 1 v FC Newcastle United 3 (FT)

Park Life

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relieved. Really hope West Ham go down. Horrible football. Mind, questions to be asked about the defending of the 2-1 lead for 45 minutes like. Not sure if Pardew just lacks confidence in the team to keep it. Should have pressed more like.

Remy's egg :lol:

There was always going to be a bit of pressure when they started launching ala Jabba style, but we controlled 75% of that game. Remy could have had a hat trick in the first half. Should have been about 1-5.

Edited by Park Life

No and it's beyond a joke now. Would love to have a few games where we're comfortable for 90 rather than just 45.

Agreed, would love to see an old-fashioned blow-out against Norwich.

mint

Won more on the road (6) than at home now (5).

Same number of points mind you. We've not drawn away all season, if we could turn some away losses into grabbing a point :scratchchin: ...

I might be wrong, but looking at that display I'm not convinced Pardew changed anything - I think as a team we lack composure once they came at us in the second half, and our front players start firing from ridiculous positions to relieve pressure (through scoring); that then loses possession. He can tell them not to I suppose but they do put them in occasionally.

I doubt Pardew does tell them to do it differently, I wonder if his subs react to what the team is doing (i.e. Shola one once it was clear that midfield wasn't going to play a significant part any longer).

Edited by Rayvin

Cabaye had a class game, really close 2nd half which was disappointing after the first half. Was Santon hurt? I know MYM took a knock but didn't see Santon take any.

Glad we beat that fat hippo and hope them tramps go down with the mackems.

Massive win, that. Fantastic attacking play in the first half, and, as we've come to expect, some good defending in the second. Annoying to see us drop off 10 minutes after half time again, especially when West Ham looked worse when they brought Carroll on. Needed Hatem on a bit earlier to push us back up the pitch. As it was, thought Shola did what was asked of him, and thankfully refrained from fouling every three minutes.

Very welcome three points anyway, and a timely boost of confidence going into two winnable games. Remy looked much more up for it today, after some jaded displays. Cabaye was so, so good, especially in the first half.

Hopefully that win inspires some confidence so that when we do concede a goal we can carry on as normal and not completely shit ourselves.

It probably should have been sewn up in the first half mind, it's just a shame we couldn't have signed Douglas on a free - what the fuck was Taylor doing?