What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

Waiting to have my Gallbladder removed the pain is rather intense. So much so I ended up in hospital with it in November. :angry2:

Edited by Jan

I had that about two years ago and couldn't shake it off despite leaving the running for a bit. I went to see a physio at the Doctors and he gave a good explanation of what it was, how it worked and gave me an idea of what stretches to do to avoid it coming on. Worked a treat to his credit.

I had that about two years ago and couldn't shake it off despite leaving the running for a bit. I went to see a physio at the Doctors and he gave a good explanation of what it was, how it worked and gave me an idea of what stretches to do to avoid it coming on. Worked a treat to his credit.

I've just diagnosed myself but given the location of the pain and the description of the symptoms, am 99% sure its that. What did your doc advise?

Nowt really, went from 92kgs to 100kgs from November to January back down to 97 now. I'm fit as a fiddle really, 80 mile bike rides nee bother, five a side still canny, 900 calorie burning cross trainer sessions twitter.com/leazeslad/status/425354640298086401/photo/1 nee bother, but.......if I run on concrete any more than 3 miles me knees start fucking aching. :( OC

Edited by McFaul

I have this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costochondritis right over my heart. It was agony a few months back, before I knew what it was, and I was almost certain my heart was fucked.

Also a disc protustion at the base of my neck which is like a ticking bomb to a k-hole. Lower back giving me grief too but I think that's because I'm 14 clem.

Generally pretty good for an OC though.

Edited by trophyshy

I've just diagnosed myself but given the location of the pain and the description of the symptoms, am 99% sure its that. What did your doc advise?

The 'knee' problem I thought I had was caused by a long muscle which wraps around your hip and goes down past your knee and isn't very easy (or obvious) to stretch. It's hard to describe so bare with me. Just found this and this is very similar....

stretch-tensor-fascia-latae-it-band.jpg

E2pate4.gif

On pic 1 he's basically stretching the outside of his left leg, trying to keep the sole of the stretching leg flat to the surface. Just switch and do the same with the other. Just find some space and a wall to hold onto.

:thumbup:

Nice one, will give them a shot.

Hope it works out. :good:

Another stretch was standing on one leg whilst lifting the other out and then bending the leg you're standing on, then lifting yourself up on the bended leg if that makes sense? :lol:

This is the muscle you have to stretch.

ITB.jpg

(Apologies if I'm telling my Granny how to suck eggs).

Edited by Howmanheyman

Couple of herniated discs as well as nerve issues in my neck, shoulder, spine, lower back and arm. :lol:

unlucky. my sister in law has that. fucking nightmare. are you on the naproxin/co-dydramol combo?

They gave me naproxen when it first happened which did absolutely fuck all. Currently taking 8 tramadol a day for the pain.

Got another injection in my neck coming up soon, then an epidural due a month after that.

never had tramadol. found the opiate-based painkillers the best.

really feel for you. i had a minor version of what you had an was in agony for about two weeks. people that have never had back pain just don't get it either. it's debilitating. the only way through it is to get on the happy pills but it's not easy working when you're doped up.

have they ruled out surgery?