What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

I pissed about with yoga now and again in the past, but this is the first thing I've done on this level of difficulty and I'm doing fine with it so you should be alright.

Once you've done your first week, you'll have it sussed cos you do it in 5 week blocks, repeating the same 7 videos for 5 weeks.

I didn't buy it but found a word document on Scribd that told you the programme. Actually if you can PM me an email address it'll be easier to just send you the doc.

I had a friend who went to 'laughter yoga'...that sounded really disturbing. Apparently he had to be 'milked' by an old man because this would be 'conducive to laughter'...

Yep, that's my contribution to this discussion.

Yoga has the answer to your problems. I've gone from not being able to touch my toes to being able to get the palms of my hands flat on the soles of my feet in a couple of months. I'm practically a professional contortionist.

i can't do the splits or owt but i'm pretty flexible, can already touch my toes standing straight and when i'm on the on the floor doing the old big side swim stroke move.

i think my problems originate from muscle imbalances in my posterior chain. but more stretching definitely won't hurt. i am thinking of going to a yoga class tomorrow though, as it happens. will feed back how it goes.

i can't do the splits or owt but i'm pretty flexible, can already touch my toes standing straight and when i'm on the on the floor doing the old big side swim stroke move.

i think my problems originate from muscle imbalances in my posterior chain. but more stretching definitely won't hurt. i am thinking of going to a yoga class tomorrow though, as it happens. will feed back how it goes.

It's not laughter yoga right? Stay the fuck clear of that.

I think being a whingey bugger 90% of people on here will be aware of this, but I had an operation on a huge brain tumour in August. The initial period after was awful and I was back in hospital twice, largely down to drinking. It's 6 months ago now I have a wide range of tablets to sort me out, and it works apart from the week I have me 20 chemo tablets which is this week in a 1 week in 4 carry on. Absolutely fucks your memory. There's 4 levels of seriousness with brain tumours and cancer in general, if it's a 4 - you're dead. Mine is a 3, apparently 50% die within 5 years and the tumour reappears 2-5 years. I'll never give up, and I have an outstanding chance of living a full life, just got to remain positive. I still look alright, I would if I was a lass, I still hate Ashley, I still love NUFC despite jacking my season ticket and can still be a loving and passionate cheeky c. That's all that counts.

hang on in there man. keep on hating ashley, keep loving the toon and keep on posting on here!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about it. My dad did the one where they were trying to identify where we all got here from - so they take a DNA sample and you get a report on where your ancestors were from.

But there were no medical risk factors or anything. Not sure I'd be that keen on knowing.

there is currently nothing wrong with me. i shrugged off a cold and fever over the weekend, sweated it and bounced back at the gym. woke up today at 6.15, naturally, feeling fresh as a daisy.

Not sure I'd be that keen on knowing.

Why not? I don't think the report says that you're certain to get anything, it just highlights what you may be genetically inclined to suffer from. Though obviously as the perfect human specimen it's all irrelevant to you.

Why not? I don't think the report says that you're certain to get anything, it just highlights what you may be genetically inclined to suffer from. Though obviously as the perfect human specimen it's all irrelevant to you.

That's why there isn't much point in me doing it. Discovering that you might be prone to immortality could be a bit of a shock to the system.

:lol: that's merely an insurance policy. I've told you all this before, the consultant cardiologist thought I had a very rare genetic condition cos my heart was so massive and my heart rate so low.

Turns out I'm just borderline superhuman. Her words, not mine.

I've got a bad shoulder. Pulled something and keep re-injuring it before it's healed. Put in a discomfort form at work last week and the manager, after insinuating that i was making it up, has failed to pass the form on to occupational health. Grievance time

I've got a bad shoulder. Pulled something and keep re-injuring it before it's healed. Put in a discomfort form at work last week and the manager, after insinuating that i was making it up, has failed to pass the form on to occupational health. Grievance time

Use your left hand.

:lol: that's merely an insurance policy. I've told you all this before, the consultant cardiologist thought I had a very rare genetic condition cos my heart was so massive and my heart rate so low.

Turns out I'm just borderline superhuman. Her words, not mine.

Just how low we talkin'?