What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

Seen a lot of big life changes in the past 2yrs and haven't been looking after myself properly. Work noticed a few tells and my manager had a quick chat to see if everything was ok, which prompted me to reach out. So just had the results of my mental health assessment back. Moderate to severe depression, severe anxiety (which is what I was expecting), but now "symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" which a new twist :lol: 

Don't get BUPA through work until December and so I'm on the waiting list with the NHS. 

So basically lads, if I start turning the website on and off exactly 12 times, don't fret it's all good :good:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As long as you stop using the godawful phrase “reach out” you can do what you like mate. :D

It was part of the solutioning we blue skyed in our face to face, something to action moving forward.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Seen a lot of big life changes in the past 2yrs and haven't been looking after myself properly. Work noticed a few tells and my manager had a quick chat to see if everything was ok, which prompted me to reach out. So just had the results of my mental health assessment back. Moderate to severe depression, severe anxiety (which is what I was expecting), but now "symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" which a new twist :lol: 

Don't get BUPA through work until December and so I'm on the waiting list with the NHS. 

So basically lads, if I start turning the website on and off exactly 12 times, don't fret it's all good :good:

Good luck. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety last year, due to ongoing circumstances. Got a host of autoimmune conditions now which are it's physical manifestation I believe. I never bothered with counselling. Be interested to know if you find it effective. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Good luck. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety last year, due to ongoing circumstances. Got a host of autoimmune conditions now which are it's physical manifestation I believe. I never bothered with counselling. Be interested to know if you find it effective. 

Used it before at Uni, gave me some simple things I can do to be well (eating properly, exercising, talking, etc.), how to manage when it feels like it's too much; talking,  making lists, doing 2 minute jobs with a clear sense of completion (washing up, making the bed, etc.), also advice about how to spot triggers and symptoms. I found it useful, but it won't be for everyone.

tbh, I've been on top of it for nigh on 20yrs, but I've packed a lot of stress into about 18 months. Moving (twice), two jobs, wedding, and so on. I've obviously not been managing myself properly and it's all been piling up on top of itself. 

Edited by The Fish

Good luck everyone with their ailments and illness here.

Pretty sure we all have a best before date stamped somewhere. Can categorically state that mine was my 40th birthday. Nothing but bother since then. :(

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can see this thread becoming a lot more popular in the coming years as we all begin to fall apart.

Don't do that, I'll end having to put you all neatly back together again, in alphabetical order.

Just now, The Fish said:

Don't do that, I'll end having to put you all neatly back together again, in alphabetical order.

At least you can’t tear your hair out with the anxiety that’ll induce, though. :P

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

At least you can’t tear your hair out with the anxiety that’ll induce, though. :P

:lol: 

That's why God gave men corybantic nose, ear and eyebrow hair.

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

can i recommend drinking yourself into oblivion? 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Good luck with your various issues, benders. I was diagnosed with acute sexiness last year. I've taken it in my stride.

despite the ginger hair and knocked knees; personality goes a long way. 

55 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Leave Jezza out of this … ;) 

Do have to shave your nose yet? 

Yes, …I do. 

nose, eyebrows, just started with a bit of fluff around the ears too <_<

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Good luck with your various issues, benders. I was diagnosed with acute sexiness last year. I've taken it in my stride.

I'm not surprised.

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Did that through Uni, and London. Now I'm 37 (thanks for the birthday thread you double scoop of paedojizz icecream) I can't be arsed to deal with the inevitable crushing sense of regret.

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Did that through Uni, and London. Now I'm 37 (thanks for the birthday thread you double scoop of paedojizz icecream) I can't be arsed to deal with the inevitable crushing sense of regret.

:D

37 is possibly the most nondescript of all birthdays/ages. 

We marked it by having a couple of mates round, eating mexican and having a couple of beers What a Thursday that was :crazypilot:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: I certainly can.

Good luck with it, Fish, you great big puff.