What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

• 2 years later...

Sorry had to dig this out.

Over the last 5-6 years from having an auto-immune I've developed histamine intolerance which is a complete ball ache. I won't go into the full details but when it flares up, one of the symptoms is the left side of my cock gets itchy - which is really fucking weird.

So here I am last night, feeling like complete shite (migrane/heart racing/wheezing/insomnia) and this itch that will not go away and of course you end up being like Monkey Fist in his shed without the joy.

The body is so strange.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Over the last 5-6 years from having an auto-immune I've developed histamine intolerance which is a complete ball ache. I won't go into the full details but when it flares up, one of the symptoms is the left side of my cock gets itchy - which is really fucking weird.

So here I am last night, feeling like complete shite (migrane/heart racing/wheezing/insomnia) and this itch that will not go away and of course you end up being like Monkey Fist in his shed without the joy.

The body is so strange.

Get Ant to backdate this post if you need it for a court defence mate. Good luck. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

The body is so strange.

I know I shouldn’t but :lol: 

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Make your mind up ffs! 

:lol:

Wish I could!

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I know I shouldn’t but :lol: 

I’d fucking hope you’re laughing, it’s not like I need a blue pill like Thompers when I’ve got an itch to sctratch!

• 2 months later...

I know I'm one of the older fuckers on here now that Noelie has fucked off/died but I was wondering if anyone's had eye cataract surgery? 

Found out today I have a minor one in one eye so going to get it done - though there's a 12 week wait. 

My Dad had it done a few years back. Said it was remarkable and it was only after he had the first one done, did he realise how shitty his vision in the other eye was. New lease of life and all that.

2 hours ago, NJS said:

I know I'm one of the older fuckers on here now that Noelie has fucked off/died but I was wondering if anyone's had eye cataract surgery? 

Found out today I have a minor one in one eye so going to get it done - though there's a 12 week wait. 

My wife had one eye done. Piece of piss and life changing for the better.

Had to go private against my wishes as it was mid covid mayhem last year and couldn't get a date onbthe NHS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJS said:

I am not sure how it‘s working with your health system and how things are done in Britain but from my professional experience a lot of those operations are down to fraud. That doesn’t mean a lot of surgeries aren’t necessary but if you are unsure and hesitant I would rather go for a second opinion.

13 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I am not sure how it‘s working with your health system and how things are done in Britain but from my professional experience a lot of those operations are down to fraud. That doesn’t mean a lot of surgeries aren’t necessary but if you are unsure and hesitant I would rather go for a second opinion.

You're talking about supplier induced demand. That's virtually ubheard of here because of the way the NHS is set up, would only apply to a private provider.

• 4 weeks later...

think I might've mentioned I had a horrific pitbull incident which resulted in a broken collar bone getting on a couple of months ago.

anyway, decided I'd take a chance on going back to work a couple of weeks ago and quire quickly afterwards started getting pins and needles/numbness/pain in me right hand. 

assumed I'd maybe pushed things to soon and was getting a reaction for having done so, but it's got progressively worse till I ended up going back to the trauma clinic for another xray. 

they've decided its nowt to with me collar bone but by a bizarre and unfortunate coincidence I've got carpal tunnel syndrome.

anybody else had or know of someone whose had it?

it's a fucking nightmare, I literally haven't got the strength in me right hand/fingers to press the button on the van key fob or turn the key in the ignition. its fucking embarrassing being so pathetically weak and apparently can go on for 6 months and take a further year to properly regain the strength in your hand.

fucking depressing!   :(

• Like 2

One of my mates had it for years and has ended up having some sort of surgery on the tendons. It seems something so minor but as you say, it stops you doing the most basic of things. 

Jimbo probably suffers from it as well, but that'll be down to other 'activities' :omgwank:

6 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

think I might've mentioned I had a horrific pitbull incident which resulted in a broken collar bone getting on a couple of months ago.

anyway, decided I'd take a chance on going back to work a couple of weeks ago and quire quickly afterwards started getting pins and needles/numbness/pain in me right hand. 

assumed I'd maybe pushed things to soon and was getting a reaction for having done so, but it's got progressively worse till I ended up going back to the trauma clinic for another xray. 

they've decided its nowt to with me collar bone but by a bizarre and unfortunate coincidence I've got carpal tunnel syndrome.

anybody else had or know of someone whose had it?

it's a fucking nightmare, I literally haven't got the strength in me right hand/fingers to press the button on the van key fob or turn the key in the ignition. its fucking embarrassing being so pathetically weak and apparently can go on for 6 months and take a further year to properly regain the strength in your hand.

fucking depressing!   :(

At least is explains the lack of a shift key :wink2:

Unfortunately, surgery may be the way forward.

• Like 1

I did mention last week being in hospital wired up to monitors.  Apparently, my heart stopped, which somewhat disturbed my wife, as I was sitting on the sofa watching the Graham Norton Show (I know, let's not go there) when I suddenly felt faint, and stopped breathing.  She thought I had had a stroke or had died, and I woke to find her looking for the Will ringing an ambulance.

Anyway, after a night in hospital, no one is any the wiser as to why it happened, but I am not allowed to drive for 4 weeks, which is a pain.

May have to look at a pacemaker, which seems a bit like something for old people (and I suddenly realised I am 61 so probably meet that criteria), but I certainly don't fancy that happening again.

Has wiped me out a bit, and nervous every time I feel a bit dizzy but apparently otherwise, there is nothing wrong with me.  It would almost be better if they could tell me I needed a replacement valve or similar, but no, it was go home and let us know if it happens again. :sad:

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I did mention last week being in hospital wired up to monitors.  Apparently, my heart stopped, which somewhat disturbed my wife, as I was sitting on the sofa watching the Graham Norton Show (I know, let's not go there) when I suddenly felt faint, and stopped breathing.  She thought I had had a stroke or had died, and I woke to find her looking for the Will ringing an ambulance.

Anyway, after a night in hospital, no one is any the wiser as to why it happened, but I am not allowed to drive for 4 weeks, which is a pain.

May have to look at a pacemaker, which seems a bit like something for old people (and I suddenly realised I am 61 so probably meet that criteria), but I certainly don't fancy that happening again.

Has wiped me out a bit, and nervous every time I feel a bit dizzy but apparently otherwise, there is nothing wrong with me.  It would almost be better if they could tell me I needed a replacement valve or similar, but no, it was go home and let us know if it happens again. :sad:

Let's hope it's a one off, RR. :good:

2 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I got a pacemaker put in at 35 mate. If that's the proposed solution, don't worry about it at all. The procedure is a piece of piss (local anaesthetic, you're chatting all the way through), you might even be in and out on the same day. 

I was also having dizzy spells, so they stuck a 24 hour tape on me to track my heart and told me to make a note of the timing of any dizzy spells to see if they could marry it up to anything on the tape. 

When I went back they put me on a tape for a full week. At the end of it they told me I was experiencing pauses of, on average, 6 to 7 seconds. Some during the day, some at night, but as it turns out none of them coincided with the dizzy spells. 

Took them about 3 months to decide to put the pacemaker in (they were concerned about my age), but once they made their minds up it happened really fast. I don't know how healthcare works where you are, but I would maybe push them to do the same and put you on a tape for a week so you can try and work out what's going on. 

But if the pacemaker is the answer, don't worry about it at all. It might even make you as cool as me. It'd have to be a fucking good one mind. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I got a pacemaker put in at 35 mate. If that's the proposed solution, don't worry about it at all. The procedure is a piece of piss (local anaesthetic, you're chatting all the way through), you might even be in and out on the same day. 

I was also having dizzy spells, so they stuck a 24 hour tape on me to track my heart and told me to make a note of the timing of any dizzy spells to see if they could marry it up to anything on the tape. 

When I went back they put me on a tape for a full week. At the end of it they told me I was experiencing pauses of, on average, 6 to 7 seconds. Some during the day, some at night, but as it turns out none of them coincided with the dizzy spells. 

Took them about 3 months to decide to put the pacemaker in (they were concerned about my age), but once they made their minds up it happened really fast. I don't know how healthcare works where you are, but I would maybe push them to do the same and put you on a tape for a week so you can try and work out what's going on. 

But if the pacemaker is the answer, don't worry about it at all. It might even make you as cool as me. It'd have to be a fucking good one mind. 

Cheers for that (apart from the last couple of sentences, obvs).

Not concerned about them doing it, rather them faffing about deciding whether to do it.  My wife, who was a theatre nurse for all of her nursing career, thinks it is the best option, as well.

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Let's hope it's a one off, RR. :good:

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Indeed, thanks. 

Speaking of “one-offs”, you’ll feel back to your normal self once you’ve had a “tester” without your heart exploding - :lol:

Hope it all works out well, though, if they do put a turbo in, don’t forget to let them know you’re UK born, and so they need to reverse all polaritys. 😉

• Haha 2