Norwich City 0 v FC Newcastle United 0 FT

Park Life

Defender Mathieu Debuchy returns for the visitors following a three-match suspension, leaving captain Fabricio Coloccini and Ryan Taylor (both knee) as Newcastle's only significant absentees.

Norwich are still without defenders Michael Turner and Elliot Bennett (both knee), midfielder Jonathan Howson (back) and Newcastle loanee Jonas Gutierrez, who is ineligible to play against his parent club.

Norwich are winless in the four previous Barclays Premier League meetings between the two sides, a streak that includes a 2-1 loss at St James' Park in November. Hughton hopes his players will be able to cement their Barclays Premier League status in the second half of the season.

"What encourages me is what I see in the changing room," he told the Eastern Daily Press. "They're a good group that really wants to do well and they're motivated to do well."

Easy win they're rubbish.

0-2

Norwich have won three and lost none of the last four Barclays Premier League home matches against Newcastle (W3 D1 L0).

Newcastle United have drawn none of their 11 Barclays Premier League away games this season (W6 L5).

There have been just five goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between the Canaries and the Magpies.

Yohan Cabaye has scored five goals in his last seven Premier League appearances, four of which have come away from home.

Newcastle have benefited from 29 goals from Frenchmen this season. The Premier League record is 53 by Arsenal in 2002-03.

Norwich have not won successive Premier League games since the final two games of 2012-13.

Norwich goals have been worth an average of 1.28 points per game this season, the third highest rate in the division.

The Canaries have scored fewer goals from inside the box than any other Premier League team this season (11).

Meanwhile Newcastle have taken the lowest proportion of shots from inside the box this season (45%).

Newcastle United have currently won 299 Barclays Premier League games.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why anyone expects us to win a game away from home. I know we've done a lot better this season but I'm still a long way away from expecting us to beat anyone who's in the same division as us.

That said it is a winnable game but I fear another issue with Cabaye scupper any chances we have.

Also, and this can't be stated enough, Norwich are awful.

Hughton plays 4-5-1 which means that we've only got to worry about Hoolahan from range in terms of their goal threat.

If have another half like the first against Wham, we'll put them away.

Admittedly the Cabaye issue may complicate matters.

Remy and Cabaye combined have scored as many goals this season as Norwich. I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't win this.

Although they will hold us back by crowding out midfield I guess...

Edited by Rayvin

Remy and Cabaye combined have scored as many goals this season as Norwich. I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't win this.

Although they will hold us back by crowding out midfield I guess...

Yeah but Cabaye's unlikely to be playing.