Clement Grenier

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be shocked if we signed him tbh, I see this more along the lines of the N'zogbia farce after losing Carroll "ah well can't say we didn't try, we just ran out of time". I really hope I'm wrong and we sign this lad as he'd be a perfect replacement for Cabaye.

Edited by Howay

Pretty sure the last 'bids' we played out live on SSN, were those for N'Zogbia, Richardson and Ruiz. Odd that we're feeding them info on this, when we usually prefer to keep things quiet. Perhaps I'm just being overly sceptical, or paranoid. Just doesn't feel right.

Pretty sure the last 'bids' we played out live on SSN, were those for N'Zogbia, Richardson and Ruiz. Odd that we're feeding them info on this, when we usually prefer to keep things quiet. Perhaps I'm just being overly sceptical, or paranoid. Just doesn't feel right.

It's not just sky sports though.

"Oh BTW media outlet who we've blacklisted, you didn't hear this from us, but we've just put in a real and sizeable and very real bid to Lyon for Grenier. We can't stress enough that this is a genuine bid for a player who we would be delighted to get across the line."

This will take all of the Cabaye money so a no goer I reckons...

But we have an extra £20m TV money as well as the £20m from Cabaye and the £20m we would normally have had to play with under the existing TV deal.

There'd be something left of the £60m for Ashley to wet his beak.

This will take all of the Cabaye money so a no goer I reckons...

Either means we're not actually in for him at all, or there's a buy-out clause that his agent has revealed to us. I'm thinking the former.

But we have an extra £20m TV money as well as the £20m from Cabaye and the £20m we would normally have had to play with under the existing TV deal.

I can't see him going into the red in any way shape or form in this window.

:lol:

I can't see him going into the red in any way shape or form in this window.

Since promotion, there's only been one calender year when we've not spent more than we've recouped and that was to avoid wasting £35m.

Transfer fees paid (ignoring what's been recouped) by year...

2010 - £8.5m

2011 - £18.7m

2012 - £18m

2013 - £15.7m

I hate Ashley, but I've got no reason to think we won't at spend at least a similar amount over the next few days and summer. With the additional TV revenue, I think we'll go double that.