Clement Grenier

Monroe Transfer

If we'd shelled out £30 million I could maybe's see the logic in playing hardball but the fact we've spent fuck all & we're £20 million up excluding any other money he's an ideal fit for Cabaye just get him signed ffs.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much confirms we won't be getting him. Thankful I never let myself get excited about potential incomings any more.

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-ol-pourquoi-grenier-a-dit-non-a-newcastle134235

"SIX MONTHS OF THE WORLD, A HASTY DEPARTURE WAS IT THE BEST OPTION? "

Reached by telephone today by Le 10 Sport, Frederic Guerra, the agent of Clement Grenier, explains the reasons for this choice: "It is not easy to say no to a big club like Newcastle, but Clement is finally decided to stay in Lyon. Today, with the new game system developed by Rémi Garde, Clement is now demonstrate that it has a richer palette in his game, he proves over the matches. At six months of the World Cup, a precipitate in a few days from the end of the transfer window was it a good option? It's not safe at all. And the OL is regaining color and Clement did not want to leave the club along the way, in full season. "

"THE CONDITIONS OF HIS ARRIVAL AT NEWCASTLE WERE NOT FAVORABLE"

Frederic Guerra adds: "Finally, the conditions of his departure did not create a favorable environment to flourish. Clement would have arrived at Newcastle, not as Clément Grenier, but as a substitute Yohan Cabaye. I have the utmost respect for the quality of player Cabaye, who deserves every point of view what is happening. However, as an agent of Clement Grenier, I also have to tell me: Clément really worth twice cheaper than Yohan Cabaye? Beyond all the reasons that led us to decline the offer of Newcastle, the conditions of the deal did not seem fair to me vis-à-vis Clement. "

Oh well, at least we tried.

"Finally, the conditions of his departure did not create a favorable environment to flourish. Clement would have arrived at Newcastle, not as Clément Grenier, but as a substitute Yohan Cabaye."

Aww bless, poor bairn. Bliddy agents.

They've had since August to replace Cabaye but it's clear as day they didn't want to. Another "we tried".

When really they took the piss with bids they knew wouldn't get accepted. Money in the bank, they have zero ambition and couldn't give a fuck what the fans think.

And let's not forget the performance we've just put on post Cabaye.

We can't realistically compete with Chelsea, Man city, Man U or Arsenal.

Then there's Liverpool and Spurs and all they've done to be 5th or 6th

The fact that some folk think we can compete with 5th to 8th without sticking to our business plan is pure stupidity.

It's like the kid whose mam can afford to take him to Butlins whining cos the rich neighbours going to Florida. (No offence fist)

And let's not forget the performance we've just put on post Cabaye.

We can't realistically compete with Chelsea, Man city, Man U or Arsenal.

Then there's Liverpool and Spurs and all they've done to be 5th or 6th

The fact that some folk think we can compete with 5th to 8th without sticking to our business plan is pure stupidity.

It's like the kid whose mam can afford to take him to Butlins whining cos the rich neighbours going to Florida. (No offence fist)

You have to be a Mackem.

And let's not forget the performance we've just put on post Cabaye.We can't realistically compete with Chelsea, Man city, Man U or Arsenal.Then there's Liverpool and Spurs and all they've done to be 5th or 6thThe fact that some folk think we can compete with 5th to 8th without sticking to our business plan is pure stupidity.It's like the kid whose mam can afford to take him to Butlins whining cos the rich neighbours going to Florida. (No offence fist)

Our business plan also involves employing someone as cheap, limited and compliant as Pardew. So if playing De Jong sees a return to a slightly more direct brand of football I don't expect to hear a fuckin peep about it from you sunshine :)

You have to be a Mackem.

It's not rocket science. The top four are either bankrolled to fuck or have been doing it right for years.

The next two have thrown all sorts at trying to secure a regular top four spot.

We have been shit for the best part of a decade yet there is some feeling that we should be "up there" because of "who we are".

It's bollocks.

Only way we have any chance of competing is by trying to source ayers like Tiote, Cabaye etc the way we have been doing.

Too many folk letting their hatred of the regime cloud the realities of competing in the premiership 2014.

If you really want to point the finger go back to the days of The 90's when success was not invested as it was at the likes of Arsenal.

Tomorrow is another day. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Admittedly, probably no more than Joe Kinnear having a danger wank into his half empty coffee mug.

:lol:

Mike-Ashley-and-Joe-Kinnear-6139969.jpg

With paws like Joe, every wank is a danger wank.

And that's the best I can say about this transfer window.

CT man, it's not about trying to compete with the spending power of the top 4. We've received £20m in transfer fees, we've received £60m in TV money, our owner stated he would spend £20m a season and we've spent nowt. Nothing. Not a penny beyond agent fees and wages for two loan players. We've sold a four star general and loaned out an expensive foot soldier.

This isn't rocket science, you're right, so do you honestly think Remy will want to sign permanently if we keep selling the players laying balls off to him? Don't you think Tiote or Debuchy will be asking their agents to see what interest there is? They're approaching their peaks and could realistically both be playing for a side that is at least aiming to get into Europe, be it the Europa League or maybe the Champions League. A side looking for domestic honours might convince them to hang around, but a side that obviously has no ambition outside of "top half" and a balanced budget? They'll be looking for the door.

Who would want to come to Mike Ashley's Newcastle? Sure we could convince Cabaye and that wave of French imports, by showing each of them the other players that would join them, but that spending seems to have dried up. It's easier to appear ambitious if you're putting money towards incoming talent. How could we convince Cabella to join a club that had explicitly disparaged the Europa League and implicitly disrespected both English domestic cups.

2 seasons ago we finished 5th, but that was never the intention. An ambitious man would have see this as fortuitous and looked to ensure they lost no ground. Every man and his dog knew we'd need to sign depth if we were to avoid the damage that the extra games would have on our league position. Ashley was confident the perfect storm would carry us on, instead of it sundering us.

Say signing Debuchy et al in the summer added £500k to each transfer; It would have cost us £2.5m. It would have required us to finish 4 places higher, you know how many points that would have taken? Three. It would have taken 3 points to pay for that additional £2.5m. Now, I'm sure you would look at Gouffran, Sissoko, Mbiwa and Haidara as capable of turning the home loss to West Ham into points, or the away draw with Norwich into a win? We also may not have suffered the ignominy of the Liverpool mauling, nor the Arsenal or Man U demolitions. We definitely could have picked up the requisite points and who knows, we could even have won something?

We're not trying to compete with Man City. Ashley isn't trying to compete with anyone. He wants top half because last season every club received £13,803,038 as an equal share of domestic TV income, plus £18,931,726 as an equal share of foreign TV income. Each place in the table was worth £755,881 in prize money and there were payments for each televised game on top of that.

So a top half table returned >£40m last season. Now, this season, if he doesn't sell a player he's still getting around £75m from TV alone. That's must be what he wants, not the glory of Silverware, nor the enjoyment of European away days, not the thrill of exciting football, not the fervour of an impassioned fanbase, but that security. I can only imagine he wants an attractive commodity to flog.

We're not trying to compete with Man City, so you should stop saying that. It makes you look foolish.

By the by, the business model we used to pick up Cabaye and Tiote and that crowd appears to have been abandoned this season. If we had stuck to it, we'd have signed someone.

That business model could definitely have had us fighting for 8th last season if we'd applied it in the summer instead of the winter window and, given our position now, an application of that model would have us fighting for 5th-8th. We're only 6 points off 5th with a better goal difference.

I know it's fun to take an opposing view to the consensus, but arguing that we should be content with getting by, just confirms my opinion that you're more of a "Football as a pastime" kind of guy.

Edited by The Fish