Clement Grenier

Monroe Transfer

Pards says negotiations are ongoing.

@milesstarforth: Pardew on Grenier: 'It's ongoing. He has tremendous creative & technical ability. He's a player fans would love to see at this club.' #nufc
We the equivalent of 10m euro and they want 11m POUNDS is what I can make of it.
Edited by Park Life

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pards says negotiations are ongoing.

@milesstarforth: Pardew on Grenier: 'It's ongoing. He has tremendous creative & technical ability. He's a player fans would love to see at this club.' #nufc

We the equivalent of 10m euro and they want 11m POUNDS is what I can make of it.

Just pay them man its not like we cant afford him.

That's how you get ripped off! Nowt against upping the bid, but its bad form to just bend over and give them what they want.

I understand that but would you rather we didnt sign him this window for the sake of the difference then take a chance he may come in the summer. Pardews already said he's what they're after earlier in the week it looked like we had a slim chance I would rather sign him than lose him at this stage of the window.

nothing more attractive from a supporter point of view than a sexy balance sheet. fuck getting the player in when we need them. getting them in for the right price if what it's all about baby. fuck trophies.

Tell you what, we'd have been more likely to get him for a smaller fee if we hadn't already sold Cabaye. De Jong on loan, Grenier for £10m, then sell Cabaye for £20m and we're back in the black.

So we're going to miss out on this lad for the sake of £2m? if we met that amount and they raised it again I could see why we'd tell them to stick it, but howay just shell out the money we'd still be making a substantial profit on transfers this season.

So we're going to miss out on this lad for the sake of £2m? if we met that amount and they raised it again I could see why we'd tell them to stick it, but howay just shell out the money we'd still be making a substantial profit on transfers this season.

Where is it reported that they will sell at £15?

Tell you what, we'd have been more likely to get him for a smaller fee if we hadn't already sold Cabaye. De Jong on loan, Grenier for £10m, then sell Cabaye for £20m and we're back in the black.

Had we signed him first, PSG would have dropped their offer for Cabaye and we'd be left with a cash shortfall. We'd then either have to sell Cabaye for less or keep a wantaway player.

Where is it reported that they will sell at £15?

Where did I say they would sell for £15m? I'm just going off what others have said about being £2m or so off in our valuations, my post wasn't in response to your post about the €13m bid being rejected. Also the €13m you have quoted before isn't equivalent to £13m it's closer to £11m. Edited by Howay

Had we signed him first, PSG would have dropped their offer for Cabaye and we'd be left with a cash shortfall. We'd then either have to sell Cabaye for less or keep a wantaway player.

... then we keep a want away player of Cabaye's undoubted quality just before a World Cup (where his value is likely to increase) and we've still only spent £10m.

I reckon his value would be unlikely to increase if he sulked his way through the remainder of the season.

It's also not too healthy to have players sat on the bench watching a player start who doesn't even want to be here.

All this is hypothetical though, who knows?

I reckon his value would be unlikely to increase if he sulked his way through the remainder of the season.

It's also not too healthy to have players sat on the bench watching a player start who doesn't even want to be here.

All this is hypothetical though, who knows?

He wanted away at the beginning of the season, but became our best performing player. I'm pretty confident he'd not have risked his chances of playing in the World Cup by giving anything less than his all. (If after a bit of a strop initially)