Clement Grenier

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really surprised that this won't be going through. :faint:

This guy's agent is switched on. A slimy prick no doubt but he defo knows the score.

The player doesn't seem to be exerting any pressure on his club to move (at least not to us) so our low balling won't do anything. At least not in this window. We could always come back in the summer like we have done with other transfers, but like Chez said, if this guy has a strong WC then coming back in the next window with the same offer is not going to work either with the likes of Chelsea, ManU and their ilk potentially sniffing around.

I can't see this working out unless the guy has a horror WC without getting injured and we can come back in the summer. As for today, no chance. Which means for me we won't see anyone coming in. The old, 'we had numerous targets', 'we won't be held to ransom', 'buying in Jan is not good value'. Blah blah blah. All of this could be mitigated obviously with careful planning. And the club would do so if they wanted to. Truth is they don't want to because Ashley sees us as safe this season. So he may as well keep his powder dry and go again in the summer and as for us well, 'fuck the lot of you'.

Think we were interested but at a price that gave us a massive upside on future sale potential. Couple of good seasons and this is one of those 20m players.

It is? Have you seen him play? I have to say I'd never heard of him before we were linked.

• 5 months later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-long-term-target-clement-7446615

Probably a long shot after the signings already in but getting this kid in alongside Cabella and de Jong with a new striker and a new centre half combined with no further outgoings and it's job done for this window.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-long-term-target-clement-7446615

Probably a long shot after the signings already in but getting this kid in alongside Cabella and de Jong with a new striker and a new centre half combined with no further outgoings and it's job done for this window.

He had his chance and blew it.

We could throw in Marveaux/Ben Arfa in the deal, might be worth a shot. I think the club are now just basically looking for a striker though.

No idea what our team's going to look like next season, a striker, a centre half and an 'engine room' type midfielder should be our priorities if we're still i the market, in that order. If we could revive HBA we could move Sissoko to the middle, but it won't happen. He's tidy sometimes but I think Anita's a duff.

Where will he play tho? We need a CD and a tier one striker. Crohn is still babbling about Remy and Lacazette (so they have no idea).

Edited by Park Life