Newcastle United vs Sunderland Match Thread

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I did say 'on last night's evidence'.

If they're letting him take the set pieces there must be a reason for it. He was just floating the corners in yesterday though, didnt really seem to have the technique to cause trouble from set pieces. Time will tell I suppose.

Has to be him and Shola up front if Gouffran is injured. I thought Sissoko was brilliant through the middle yesterday but we might have to push him out wide again with Ben Arfa on the other side - needs must and I don't think Sammy is ready to start a derby, especially one that might be a season-decider for both of us like this one.

More likely is more of the one-striker shit from Pardew with yesterday's formation except Shola in for Remy.

It's all speculation until we see who's out and who's in, but I think Gouffran's fitness will be key to this game.

I have a good feeling about this - they're definitely thinking we're on the ropes and I think Norwich proved we aren't. I know Remy won't be playing but even so, we can take them.

I have a good feeling about this - they're definitely thinking we're on the ropes and I think Norwich proved we aren't. I know Remy won't be playing but even so, we can take them.

This could be their 6th win from 7.

This could be their 6th win from 7.

Two of those were against Carlisle and Kidderminster... And they lost at home to Villa a few weeks ago. They drew a lot of other games, and beat Fulham who are shite.

Granted they saw off Man Utd, but it's a very poor and listless Man Utd. They beat Everton, I'll give them that.

EDIT - and they just barely beat Kidderminster.

Edited by Rayvin

Two of those were against Carlisle and Kidderminster... And they lost at home to Villa a few weeks ago. They drew a lot of other games, and beat Fulham who are shite.

Granted they saw off Man Utd, but it's a very poor and listless Man Utd. They beat Everton, I'll give them that.

EDIT - and they just barely beat Kidderminster.

You can only beat what's in front of you. Don't get me wrong, they're a poor side, but they've confidence and will be up for the derby. Probably more than our pack of invertebrates.

The "one-striker shit" is the reason our midfield absolutely dominated Norwich last night.

Or, maybe, it was the obvious and massive gulf in class between our midfielders and theirs. We were simply better than them.

We were forced into playing one striker one way or the other because of injuries, but I maintain that Remy is not suited for a lone striker role and has been ineffectual in that role throughout the season. He's looked a lot better, and so have we, I'd say, when Shola was up front along side him. If we just swap the suspended Remy for Shola or de Jong on Saturday I believe we'll struggle.

going to be struggling around like fuck to find this on in a bar somewhere on holiday, might end up resorting to checking results on my phone which is sometimes less strenuous anyway

For the 2-2 away to Chelsea in the 10/11 season I was touring some kind of Spanish castle in Milan & checking BBC Sport on my phone.

Needless to say screaming 'Get the fuck in!' to a late Taylor equaliser drew some looks!

Anyone reckon we should give gouffy a go up front (if fit) our midfield looked good Tuesday, no need to tinker it (barring injuries). He is second top scorer CURRENTLY at the club and that's from left mid.