Boycott

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is the boycott area?

:lol:

Ticket prices aren't frozen for ten years. They're only frozen for the people who committed to a 10 year deal 3 or 4 years ago.

I mentioned in the renewals thread, I'm looking at a 25% hike in price having not signed up to the 10 year deal but taken a 3 year up-front one instead.

If you bought a standard ticket in 11/12 and 12/13 without any deals, then your increase is up to 10%....

11743ue.jpg

Sorry for the shitty paint job.

Anyone got the price grid from 07/08?

Interested to see how much more he's charging than we did when he arrived.

The deals were in place to keep fans turning up is the main thing.

The deals were in place to keep fans turning up is the main thing.

Aye. Attendances have been growing for the last 4 years running :o

Individual prices are going up year on year though, so no-one could replace me in my seat on a cheaper deal. Expanding the family area allowed it a few years back so kids paid £100 for seats adults were paying £500 for. That sort of thing will have to spread further. Free tickets with a strip and all that gubbins,

Aye. Attendances have been growing for the last 4 years running :o

Individual prices are going up year on year though, so no-one could replace me in my seat on a cheaper deal. Expanding the family area allowed it a few years back so kids paid £100 for seats adults were paying £500 for. That sort of thing will have to spread further. Free tickets with a strip and all that gubbins,

I paid £20 to get to the Swansea game last year in L7. That was me and my youngest.

The family enclosure is also a massive saving for supporters with kids and has to be comfortably the biggest family enclosure in the PL, (7,000 I think). Would the crowds be as big if that was half or a quarter of the size?

Just hope people aren't fooled into thinking this will solve anythng about the way the clubs being run and the contempt they have for the fans. They'll probably come up with some kind of bogof offer for the Spurs game next week to see how the land lies. I just hope they get the reaction they deserve off the fans a very low turn out in fact if its like that for a few home games so much the better it's been a long time coming but the pennys finally dropped.

Changes nothing other than he (MA) is one scapegoat less. Be interesting to see who writes the notes in the program in place of JFK.

Probably the same guy that wrote FOR Kinnear.

Just hope people aren't fooled into thinking this will solve anythng about the way the clubs being run and the contempt they have for the fans. They'll probably come up with some kind of bogof offer for the Spurs game next week to see how the land lies. I just hope they get the reaction they deserve off the fans a very low turn out in fact if its like that for a few home games so much the better it's been a long time coming but the pennys finally dropped.

You can't run a business without a market. The TV money alone won't be enough to hold this club in the league, there will be no affordable players left with the attributes to keep us there with just that money.

You can't run a business without a market. The TV money alone won't be enough to hold this club in the league, there will be no affordable players left with the attributes to keep us there with just that money.

The difference in TV money between 2013/14 (£79.1m - £97.8m) and 11/12 (£54.2m) is between £25m and £44m. More than enough to cover our entire matchday revenue in 11/12 (£23.9m). He could give tickets away to the full stadium for every game and be no worse off.

Even a 17th place finish will returnup to £79.2m. Which is £25m extra, again, enough to cover the loss of ticket sales.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/06/19/premier-league-tv-rights-qa-including-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

Do we know if the 4,000 ST cancellations mentioned yesterday was true ? It's a canny chunk of money if it's right.

According to someone who works in the box office (posted elsewhere) the actual number is less than 100 and in line with usual drop-off, nowt extraordinary happening.

Personally, I don't know of anyone that's jacked in.

There's loads on N-O that don't have ST's and won't be getting one though ;) (and half a dozen ST martyrs). My lads are keeping the 3 they have between them (which for the first time ever they actually now pay for themselves!!!), it was never in question.

There's loads on N-O that don't have ST's and won't be getting one though ;) (and half a dozen ST martyrs).

Been fun reading about the sacrifice they're making in not driving up for 2 games a year any more.

Not looking forward to plummeting down the table.

I am. 15th would be better than 8th if it meant Pardew got the sack.

[/quote']

:jesuswept:

Been fun reading about the sacrifice they're making in not driving up for 2 games a year any more.

:jesuswept:

Aye that last one (I hope we do shit) is unreal, I mean come on a thread about "are the matchgoers" to blame FFS, it's unbelieveable. Only the matchgowers are actually important in all of this !!!!

Edited by Toonpack

According to someone who works in the box office (posted elsewhere) the actual number is less than 100 and in line with usual drop-off, nowt extraordinary happening.

Ashley will be laughing his dick off if that turns out to be right.

Aye that last one (I hope we do shit) is unreal, I mean come on a thread about "are the matchgoers" to blame FFS, it's unbelieveable. Only the matchgowers are actually important in all of this !!!!

What a parcel of shite. :lol:

Nice to know I'm not important, I'll wipe out all those years of support and will never contemplate going back ever again. Phew! That's a weight off my shoulders. :good:

What a parcel of shite. :lol:

Nice to know I'm not important, I'll wipe out all those years of support and will never contemplate going back ever again. Phew! That's a weight off my shoulders. :good:

So why are you important?? over and above or even equal to the folks that go. You were important to the club/team when you went, you don't go therefore you have no relevance now, same as one of LM's mates from N-O from Singapore or me for that matter.

The match goers are an absolute credit to the club. In fact I don't know of any other club that were the match goers would have put up with all the crap thats gone on while Ashley's owned the club.

The match goers are an absolute credit to the club. In fact I don't know of any other club that were the match goers would have put up with all the crap thats gone on while Ashley's owned the club.

Absolutely.

BUT matchgoers (well the one's I know) have either seen worse (my codger-ish mates) or the whole thing is quite simply about watching a game of football at a weekend and the craic around that, nothing more, nothing less.

Phoned club yesterday. Was told they wld still accept cancellation for next season. Emails cancelling our 4 season tix went yesterday afternoon. Got an email back today saying the deadline has passed. Haggling continues