Boycott

Anorthernsoul

Phoned club yesterday. Was told they wld still accept cancellation for next season. Emails cancelling our 4 season tix went yesterday afternoon. Got an email back today saying the deadline has passed. Haggling continues

Just cancel your direct debits man ! Problem solved.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.BUT matchgoers (well the one's I know) have either seen worse (my codger-ish mates) or the whole thing is quite simply about watching a game of football at a weekend and the craic around that, nothing more, nothing less.

Its more than that man or it used to be I moved to the North East in 1974 I was 15 went to my first match with kid from school I lived at Felling at the time. I remember getting off the train at Central station as I walked out the smell from the brewery's hit you it always seemed to smell stronger on match days. Buying a programme then getting in position at the right hand corner of the Leazes end as you looked from the Gallowgate. Getting peanuts off the guy with the basket who used to walk round the edge of the pitch. Getting a Bovril from the stall at the back off the Leazes watching Supermac score the winner.Then a celebration hot dog with onions of course, to eat on the way back to the Central knowing you'd be back in a fortnight to do it all again.

Its more than that man or it used to be I moved to the North East in 1974 I was 15 went to my first match with kid from school I lived at Felling at the time. I remember getting off the train at Central station as I walked out the smell from the brewery's hit you it always seemed to smell stronger on match days. Buying a programme then getting in position at the right hand corner of the Leazes end as you looked from the Gallowgate. Getting peanuts off the guy with the basket who used to walk round the edge of the pitch. Getting a Bovril from the stall at the back off the Leazes watching Supermac score the winner.Then a celebration hot dog with onions of course, to eat on the way back to the Central knowing you'd be back in a fortnight to do it all again.

You've just described what I meant by "the craic around that".

You've just described what I meant by "the craic around that".

And what CT means by "a balanced diet".

Why is it ok to boycott now? Would you give Man U fans that go to old trafford in Green and Gold a pass if their attendances dropped to 40k now that Moyes is doing a bit shit. It's not a stand being made on principal if you decide to take that stand 7 years after the owner arrived, or 3 years after he appointed the manager and sold your other biggest assets. If you enjoyed the season where his approach took you to 5th place and then the Europa campaign that followed, but decided to make the stand when you're playing shit and get beaten in the derby then you are doing the opposite of supporting the team through thick and thin, and you're trying to justify it with high minded footballese.

In reality you're throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff. There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

I may not stand by this in a month or two when my renewal comes out.

Why is it ok to boycott now? Would you give Man U fans that go to old trafford in Green and Gold a pass if their attendances dropped to 40k now that Moyes is doing a bit shit. It's not a stand being made on principal if you decide to take that stand 7 years after the owner arrived, or 3 years after he appointed the manager and sold your other biggest assets. If you enjoyed the season where his approach took you to 5th place and then the Europa campaign that followed, but decided to make the stand when you're playing shit and get beaten in the derby then you are doing the opposite of supporting the team through thick and thin, and you're trying to justify it with high minded footballese.

In reality you're throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff. There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

I may not stand by this in a month or two when my renewal comes out.

I could not have put this better, exactly my stance on this. The thing that has fucked me off most in the couple of days since the derby is a section of our own fans. If it's not arseholes gloryfying pitch invaders (bans for life - fact) it's attention seeking whinging martyrs telling everyone again and again how they're not going back wah wah wah.

Totally agree with your sentiment, lots of fans claiming they're 'proper' supporters through think and thin but they're not supporting while Ashley is in charge. You know what? History dictates in football that when you are well run then things tend to go well, when you are badly run then things trend to go tits up and you get the thin wedge. I saw all of this under McKeag, the best players being sold, no investment, being relegated because of it.

It's shite, I fucking hate the owner with a passion, but I was here before him and I'll be here long after the fat cunt has fucked off, which he will, and I won't stop going just like I didn't stop going under McKeag and that rabble of shite.

I respect you if you want to jack it in, and totally understand why, but I wish some supporters would stop using it as some sort of badge of honour ffs.

The difference 2 years ago was we at least had a playing staff that could compete. Ashley was keeping his side of the bargain to some degree, and dropped £9mil on Cisse to push us towards Europe. Now we don't even seem arsed about doing that, 17th is fine, and a team of loan players is better than paying transfer fees. The Wonga shit, Kinnear shit, Cabaye shit, Derby day shit is just the straw/s that broke the camels back

The difference 2 years ago was we at least had a playing staff that could compete. Ashley was keeping his side of the bargain to some degree, and dropped £9mil on Cisse to push us towards Europe. Now we don't even seem arsed about doing that, 17th is fine, and a team of loan players is better than paying transfer fees. The Wonga shit, Kinnear shit, Cabaye shit, Derby day shit is just the straw/s that broke the camels back

Just hope the match goers have the same "fuck you" attitude to the home games as Ashleys had towards them and got away with it for far too long.

I could not have put this better, exactly my stance on this. The thing that has fucked me off most in the couple of days since the derby is a section of our own fans. If it's not arseholes gloryfying pitch invaders (bans for life - fact) it's attention seeking whinging martyrs telling everyone again and again how they're not going back wah wah wah.

Totally agree with your sentiment, lots of fans claiming they're 'proper' supporters through think and thin but they're not supporting while Ashley is in charge. You know what? History dictates in football that when you are well run then things tend to go well, when you are badly run then things trend to go tits up and you get the thin wedge. I saw all of this under McKeag, the best players being sold, no investment, being relegated because of it.

It's shite, I fucking hate the owner with a passion, but I was here before him and I'll be here long after the fat cunt has fucked off, which he will, and I won't stop going just like I didn't stop going under McKeag and that rabble of shite.

I respect you if you want to jack it in, and totally understand why, but I wish some supporters would stop using it as some sort of badge of honour ffs.

Great post.

If youve had a ST since before 2009 then I dont understand sticking with it after the relegation season then jacking in now. Every season since then has been 1000 times better than that fuckin clamity. The only real downer was last season, but that was personally negated by 5 Euro away trips which were fuckin mint (I understand I'm incredibly lucky and this sounds smug and condecending as fuck but if you do throw yourself into it a bit then there are good times to be had following the club on the road)

Ashley does some astonishing shit things off the pitch, Pardew is limited to say the least, but ffs some folk need to get some perpsective. I dont have a lot of time for Leeds as a group of fans, but if we'd had their recent history, not to mention the fuckin ludicrous goings on at the weekend, then I think half of our err "support" would be in the coronary ward of the RVI/Singapore General. Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest spring to mind too. How many would have stuck with NUFC if we'd been down in divi 3 for a few seasons?

I was thinking earlier about when we got beat off the mackems in the playoffs. From that point onwards till Keegan charged into town we were on dreadful downwards spiral (16k average crowd in 1991, the same season the mackems had jammed their way into divi 1 and they had 22k, last time they averaged more than us) that was directly caused by only one defeat by those fuckers. Its a different scenario now, theres no "all or nothing" play off game, but this hurts nowhere near as much as the early 90s do for me. And I flatly refuse to let them fuckin bother me that much in the first place to the extent that one result did to a lot of us 20 odd years ago. Its out of all proportion to turn tail now just because Ashley's a cunt who'll we'll never realise our potential under.

Great post.

If youve had a ST since before 2009 then I dont understand sticking with it after the relegation season then jacking in now. Every season since then has been 1000 times better than that fuckin clamity. The only real downer was last season, but that was personally negated by 5 Euro away trips which were fuckin mint (I understand I'm incredibly lucky and this sounds smug and condecending as fuck but if you do throw yourself into it a bit then there are good times to be had following the club on the road)

Ashley does some astonishing shit things off the pitch, Pardew is limited to say the least, but ffs some folk need to get some perpsective. I dont have a lot of time for Leeds as a group of fans, but if we'd had their recent history, not to mention the fuckin ludicrous goings on at the weekend, then I think half of our err "support" would be in the coronary ward of the RVI/Singapore General. Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest spring to mind too. How many would have stuck with NUFC if we'd been down in divi 3 for a few seasons?

I was thinking earlier about when we got beat off the mackems in the playoffs. From that point onwards till Keegan charged into town we were on dreadful downwards spiral (16k average crowd in 1991, the same season the mackems had jammed their way into divi 1 and they had 22k, last time they averaged more than us) that was directly caused by only one defeat by those fuckers. Its a different scenario now, theres no "all or nothing" play off game, but this hurts nowhere near as much as the early 90s do for me. And I flatly refuse to let them fuckin bother me that much in the first place to the extent that one result did to a lot of us 20 odd years ago. Its out of all proportion to turn tail now just because Ashley's a cunt who'll we'll never realise our potential under.

A lovely post old fella, particularly about the shit times gone by.

It's understandable however that anyone through age or whatever, who started following us from Keegan onwards will feel differently than those of us who have seen us a lot lot worse than this.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Great post.

Great post mate.

I was going to mention the Play Off game. That is still the lowest point of supporting the toon for me, lower than any relegation. I was in fucking tears that night, and my old man turned round to me on the way out and said pull yourself to fucking gether, if you let this spoil your week then you're a tit. This is football, get used to it. Never a truer word said. It's not about not caring, it's about perspective. I remember when we were crucifying the mackems during the 19 point season when Murray was running them badly, the fans refused to go, and we were calling them all fickle deserters from our lofty perch. The 'Thin' of 'Thick and Thin' happens when boards and owners make poor decisions. Like I've said, I understand and respect those who want to give it up, I know lots of lads who have in the past, quietly and in a dignified way. It's the fucking shower of knee jerk look-at-mes over the past couple of days that have boiled my piss. Fine, you don't want to go back, now shut the fuck up about it.

Agree almost entirely with the posts above. This whole movement to cancel season tickets has only really gathered any kind of pace on the back of the derby defeat, and the understandable emotion that generates. Watching it snowball on Twitter since then has been really quite odd. It's almost become some sort of competition - who's the best supporter? Who cares the most? Who is hurting the most?

I can't help but think that if I was giving up my ticket, which I won't be (I still quite enjoy it), I'd feel really rather sad about the whole thing. I certainly wouldn't be wearing it as some kind of badge of honour, looking down on those who aren't following the ever growing crowd. The less said about the vocal, non match going, minority, the better. Only a special kind of fuckwit can feel comfortable in their own skin belittling the lifeblood of the club they support from a distance.

Go fuck yourselves. Lowest point ever for me was the 0-2 off the Mackems and the year later drifting mid table in the 2nd division getting stuffed 0-3 at home to Notts County. I jacked it in before the 5th place finish and still felt comfortable with the decision. Some things just feel wrong and right. Ashley is wrong, not patronising his business is right. Fucking martyr am I?

Fuck right off.

Agree almost entirely with the posts above. This whole movement to cancel season tickets has only really gathered any kind of pace on the back of the derby defeat, and the understandable emotion that generates. Watching it snowball on Twitter since then has been really quite odd. It's almost become some sort of competition - who's the best supporter? Who cares the most? Who is hurting the most?

I can't help but think that if I was giving up my ticket, which I won't be (I still quite enjoy it), I'd feel really rather sad about the whole thing. I certainly wouldn't be wearing it as some kind of badge of honour, looking down on those who aren't following the ever growing crowd. The less said about the vocal, non match going, minority, the better. Only a special kind of fuckwit can feel comfortable in their own skin belittling the lifeblood of the club they support from a distance.

You say it yourself, you jacked ages ago, nowt wrong with that either. If you'd still had one this season and jacked it yesterday because some self righteous prick on a message board or twitter "inspired" you (true as I'm sat here, that's how some are carrying on over NO way :lol: ) then I'd understand your indignation. You're not a martyr, you made a decision, fair play.

Think I've said before I gave up my ST at the end of 08/09 - not because of relegation but after stumbling on after the Keegan fiasco, the derby 5 years ago broke something in my mind (and we didn't even lose). Of course travelling 300 miles every time was a large factor as that was becoming such a pain in the arse but I do claim an element of "high-horse" type morality in defining it as anti-Ashley.

Maybe if I won the lottery and moved back to the NE the match day experience would appeal again and overall it is just laziness - I recognise what some have said about times being worse in the past and I certainly used to have the attitude that you/we/everyone should go no matter what but I think this time is different and don't blame anyone for "making a stand".

Not sure it would affect the cunt even if say 10/20% of ST holders didn't bother but I can see the point of people doing something from their point of view.

Go fuck yourselves. Lowest point ever for me was the 0-2 off the Mackems and the year later drifting mid table in the 2nd division getting stuffed 0-3 at home to Notts County. I jacked it in before the 5th place finish and still felt comfortable with the decision. Some things just feel wrong and right. Ashley is wrong, not patronising his business is right. Fucking martyr am I?

Fuck right off.

I'd been out all day at my late Father-in-laws wake/memorial so shouldn't have posted as it'd been a long day and much drink had been drunk.

Please go un-fuck yourselves. :)