Boycott

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So despite what they said on the phone they are sticking to the t&c deadline of last Fri.

I Can't just cancel direct debit for reasons I won't bore you with.

The mackem match was the catalyst but it's been brewing a long time for the reasons that others have already covered.

I was as miserable as fuck after sending the cancellation email. But I am sicker of feeling shafted by the regime and that ain't going away. Neither will I by the look of things.

When Ardiles in charge, CT was living life like some sort of character off Grand Theft Auto South Shields.

Miami Vice suits with the sleeves rolled up, strolling past the queue at Oz nightclub with the SCS posse, and delivering the punchline to his latest anecdote..."And so I sold the guy a corner sofa...!" *cue uproarious laughter from the gang, as CT gives the bouncer the double finger guns and sails into the club, fannies everywhere fizzing at the Sofa King's arrival*

You just had to be part of his sales team to have that kind of insider knowledge.

:lol:

South Shields, 1991, outside Oz nightclub

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Word on the street you're looking for a corner settee."

tumblr_mp4vf3y8fe1ra202ro1_500.gif

"Yep."

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Check this out."

stockholm-brown-leather-corner-sofas.jpg

miami-vice-o.gif

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Ok, Crockett, you can have this product for as little as £89.47 a month, 4 years free credit, no deposit and 48 equal monthly payments of £89.47. That's 0% APR REPRESENTATIVE, my friend."

tumblr_msoas6ApE81qf5do9o1_400.gif
182u_zpsf3546022.jpg
"Silent Toughguy negotiator huh? Ok, I'll chuck in one of my corporate Gallowgate end match tickets to watch Ossie Ardiles black & white army, it's not like I'll be needing it, Paisan."
200_s.gif
"You just sold yourself a settee, CT."

Without being pedantic there was no Gallowgate corporate end in 1991 though :P

What - not even the soft cunt's bit that wasn't the corner or the scoreboard? - that was quite posh.

Here's a word cloud that clearly illustrates what has been going through his mind for the last few months.

download.jpg

I've not replied to his latest rant (which is exactly the same as all those that precede it) and I'd love it if this picture showed him how lunatic his behaviour is. However, it won't.

If people were going to boycott they should have done it years ago, cherry picking times to stop going as results fade just ends up a damp squid for me. Where were these boycotters earlier in the season when we were in the top 5 and playing well? We all knew Ashley's strategic plan then and have done for years now, yet people were all too happy to go along with it as we were picking up results on a shoe string, as soon as results start to turn everyone has a voice.

If people had voted with their feet the season we went down I very much doubt Ashley would still be at the club, he'd have cut his losses and sold the club.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

If people were going to boycott they should have done it years ago, cherry picking times to stop going as results fade just ends up a damp squid for me. Where were these boycotters earlier in the season when we were in the top 5 and playing well? We all knew Ashley's strategic plan then and have done for years now, yet people were all too happy to go along with it as we were picking up results on a shoe string, as soon as results start to turn everyone has a voice.

If people had voted with their feet the season we went down I very much doubt Ashley would still be at the club, he'd have cut his losses and sold the club.

You're ignoring the fact we sold our best player with no seriously viable plan to replace him, presumably because even if we end the season in relegation level form, we're still going to come 9th, as we're a dozen points above 10th. We are a sham. There's no plan. Well there is. Make money, and being absolutely battered off a shit side, who are not only our local rivals, but also are club and an area who without exaggerating exist purely to hate us, then people have a good fucking right to snap.

This is what I think.... https://moderndaydoilum.wordpress.com/2014/02/03/what-is-the-point-of-newcastle-united/

Edited by McFaul

I think your missing my point, I am anti-Ashley. What I am saying is we knew what Ashley was all about years ago yet people are acting surprised what has happened at the club, they should have voted with their feet years ago. It's too late now, thousands have filled his pockets whilst he's ripped the piss for years with the shambles behind the scenes knowing there was no ambition at all on the football side of things.

I doubt very much that many supporters have been happy about the way the clubs been run for a long time. But it's been a bit like a battered wife/husband ( not a good example I know ) the crap happens suddenly and its a shock. As time goes on and it happens more frequently you come to expect it, you think its your fault. Then one day the penny drops and you decide you dont have to put up with it and decide to do something about that's were we are now. Sorry about the example guys I hope nobodys offended.