Boycott

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the box office today. Is that to late? Anyway there's one confirmed cancellation (assuming it's accepted).

Thank you Mike you fat bastard.

:lol:

Did they cancel your ST on their sewpa dewpa compewta?

Last updated: 03 February 2014, 10:45 GMT

When there is no ambition, there is no hope. When there is no hope, there is no point.

When there is no point, there is only anger, disillusion and, most damagingly, disinterest.

At least they still care about Newcastle United, who can lay claim to the unwanted title of the most pointless club in the Premier League.

Before the avenging angels soar southwards, from the North East, I’d better make one thing clear.

There is nothing futile about the frustration Newcastle fans felt in that all-too predictable derby defeat by Sunderland.

Their passion is traditional, understandable and admirable. Yet it, too, is pointless because it is never going to be reciprocated by the men who are shaping club strategy.

No player of the highest quality, who harbours the sort of ambitions which define the biggest clubs, will consider joining."

Owner Mike Ashley has become unfeasibly rich by selling plastic training shoes and a range of low-quality sports equipment. He will become even richer if he finds a buyer for the great football club he has sold down the River Tyne.

If Joe Kinnear, his so-called Director of Football, had a shred of self-awareness or self-worth he would not be sustaining the charade of his credibility.

Both men were, of course, nowhere to be seen when the consequences of cashing in were crystallised by the meekness of Saturday’s submission to the Mackems.

In their world, they’d done their job. They had made a 500% profit on Yohan Cabaye, Newcastle’s best and most complete player. Trebles all round, geezer.

Ashley and his pathetic band of apologists, whose response to anyone who questions their wisdom is to ban them from the premises, are smug, complacent and cheap.

Sacrificing collective pride and traducing tradition? Small earthquake on the Gallowgate, not many hurt. The locals will get over it, in time.

But will they? As an outsider who believes in Sir Bobby Robson’s ethos of a football club as a fanfare for the common man, I hope so.

But the cumulative damage inflicted by a policy in which the only aim is profitable mediocrity will be severe.

There will be a reckoning. The season stretches ahead, like a grey void. Relegation is an unrealistic possibility, and the booby prize of Europa League qualification is not worth fighting for.

No player of the highest quality, who harbours the sort of ambitions which define the biggest clubs, will consider joining. It would not be the greatest surprise if Alan Pardew finds alternative employment.

No pride, no drive, no faith.

The upturn in TV money means buyers are back on the scene with regard to PL clubs. MA rushed in cause he heard a whisper that Ambani was sniffing around and he gambled on the fact he could sell it on and pocket 50m or something like that...At that point he had no idea about the debt cause he didn't take time to look into it.

Then in Dubai he turns down the first bid (a small profit) and turns up late (a massive faux pas) at the second meeting where he probably could have sold the club cause he was out drinking with his cronies.

Someone is looking closely at the club..It's either Mittal, Ambani or the previously rejected Arabs.

I think Ashley will be delighted that thousands of people are cancelling deals that had them paying 2010 season ticket prices.

A few big signings in the summer he'll be selling out those seats at 2014 prices.

Lol just spat me coffee out.

I think Ashley will be delighted that thousands of people are cancelling deals that had them paying 2010 season ticket prices.

A few big signings in the summer he'll be selling out those seats at 2014 prices.

If he makes big signings people might be prepared to pay 2014 prices. :D

They'd be big signings at 2002 prices anyway ;)

Ticket prices are frozen for ten years as people have had enough and 10,000-15,000 empty seats won't look great for a tv audience, for tv execs and potential SD customers. I'm not the only one to have jacked it in under this owner, I've just been replaced by a new customer getting a cheaper deal at a cheap club.

Ticket prices are frozen for ten years as people have had enough and 10,000-15,000 empty seats won't look great for a tv audience, for tv execs and potential SD customers. I'm not the only one to have jacked it in under this owner, I've just been replaced by a new customer getting a cheaper deal at a cheap club.

Ticket prices aren't frozen for ten years. They're only frozen for the people who committed to a 10 year deal 3 or 4 years ago.

I mentioned in the renewals thread, I'm looking at a 25% hike in price having not signed up to the 10 year deal but taken a 3 year up-front one instead.

If you bought a standard ticket in 11/12 and 12/13 without any deals, then your increase is up to 10%....

11743ue.jpg

Sorry for the shitty paint job.

Anyone got the price grid from 07/08?

Interested to see how much more he's charging than we did when he arrived.