Boycott

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if there would be a method of getting an accurate figure for the number of people cancelling their season tickets?

If a journalist were able to present those figures as empirical evidence that Mike Ashley's stewardship is alienating the fan-base beyond simply being disgruntled, would that have an effect? Proof his (in)actions are finally losing him money?

The only way to really hurt Ashley is to attack Sports Direct's share price. I still think spending Easter weekend letting off stinkbombs in his stores is a complete winner, but am open to more subtle ideas. How can a group of committed individuals in some way influence the market to that extent?...am prepared for the answer to be "divvent be fuckin stupid man", but thought I'd ask anyway....

The only way to really hurt Ashley is to attack Sports Direct's share price. I still think spending Easter weekend letting off stinkbombs in his stores is a complete winner, but am open to more subtle ideas. How can a group of committed individuals in some way influence the market to that extent?...am prepared for the answer to be "divvent be fuckin stupid man", but thought I'd ask anyway....

over_a_barrel.jpg

Guess which one we are ?

;)

The big affect would be on the team. Imagine seeing supporters desert you.

So whats the alternative keep going & filling his pockets with money ?. Or make a stand against Ashley maybe the team would appreciate it maybe they're just as pissed off as the fans at the way the clubs being run.

The chances of an attendance boycott, in sufficient numbers and for sufficient time to be effective, are virtually nil.

The last mass protests, against the McKeag regime, took place in a different time with a different demographic.

Then, most of the matchday crowd were blokes who worked in heavily unionised industry, and the concept of "one out,all out" was second nature. Mass protests were not a difficult thing to motivate people for.

Today, the only thing many of the matchday crowd will have in common is the fact they go to the match.

Today's version of mass protest is "Liking and sharing" some twattish Facebook page.

Essentially, until the Fatman decides to sell, we are stuck with him, and there's fuck all anyone can do about it.

He knows it, and ,deep down, we know it.

All we can do is hope the damage he does before that moment arrives isn't irreparable.

over_a_barrel.jpg

Guess which one we are ?

;)

:lol: over a barrell sums it up nicely

Sabotage Ashleys core businesses. That will make him sit up and take notice. Football fans boycotting or protesting happens all the time and gets 20 seconds on Look North. Kick the cunt properly in his financial goolies and a whole new audience take notice.

So whats the alternative keep going & filling his pockets with money ?. Or make a stand against Ashley maybe the team would appreciate it maybe they're just as pissed off as the fans at the way the clubs being run.

No I agree with you. It is the affect on the team and the flirting with relegation which is the only thing that makes Ashley act.