Kinnear resigns!

Meenzer

That's what I've been thinking Parky as you've said 40/50 million to replace the players that'll be off in the summer he wont invest that in the club.

Yup. Cabaye and TV money will sweeten the books.

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about them leaving like. No substantial proof just assumptions. If this club has taught me anything it is the folly of assuming anything about it at all.

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about them leaving like. No substantial proof just assumptions. If this club has taught me anything it is the folly of assuming anything about it at all.

I think it's lunatic to suggest he's even considering it.

Having dragged the club unwilling through 7 years of shite towards minimal profits, he's supposed to be keen to sell as a new TV deal just gets started and adds £20m a year to his profit margin.

It does make it a more attractive to buyers, but not to him to offload.

I think it's lunatic to suggest he's even considering it.

Having dragged the club unwilling through 7 years of shite towards minimal profits, he's supposed to be keen to sell as a new TV deal just gets started and adds £20m a year to his profit margin.

It does make it a more attractive to buyers, but that he would be less motivated than ever to offload.

I honestly think he dropped his arse yesterday when news started to filter through to him about ST cancellations a figure of 4,000 was mentioned as we know money is his motivation.

Job done for the boy Joe, really. He's served his purpose, and is now being moved on ahead of a window where we will actually have to make signings. Can't help but be cynical.

As always, I just wonder what comes next.

You know it's a shit sandwich when a waste of space like Kinnear jumps ship……unless he was pushed of course

Most likely pushed. A way to smooth things over in the wake of the transfer window, the derby result and the mass cancellation of season tickets.

Edited by hostile_statue

Joe Kinnear resigns as Newcastle United's director of football after overseeing transfer window flops

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/joe-kinnear-resigns-newcastle-uniteds-3109902#ixzz2sLIJTJjT
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The controversial figure jumped before being pushed by owner Mike Ashley, after the club failed to sign any players on permanent deals since he took charge

Kinnear is the fall guy for a January transfer window in which Newcastle banked £20million from selling Yohan Cabaye, but could not launch a serious bid to sign top targets Clement Grenier or Remy Cabella.

Kinnear had become a figure of ridicule inside Newcastle frustrating colleagues with boasts he was about to meet world famous players, or spend £20m, before delivering nothing.

A serial loser of his mobile phone, which was often found with dozens of missed calls from agents, Kinnear’s unsuitability for the role of top level deal maker soon became apparent to Ashley.

While Newcastle had a top scouting network led by Graham Carr, who earmarked who to sign, Kinnear could only manage to bring in Loic Remy and Luuk De Jong on loan.

He has been a divisive figure since his arrival in June when he infuriated leading players including Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa by mis-pronouncing their names in a live radio interview.

Cabaye hit back last week saying he had not received an apology, or spoken a word, to Kinnear.

Kinnear had also been warned to stay well away from the training ground by manager Alan Pardew amid fears he would interfere in the running of his team and act as a spy for Ashley.

The pair met privately to thrash out the terms of Kinnear’s job and it seems he kept his word not to poke his nose into team affairs.

The frustration within St James’ Park at Kinnear’s lack of qualifications for a role that he claimed gave him ultimate power over all footballing matters, filtered back to Ashley, and it is likely he played a part in his drinking pal’s “resignation.”

Pardew will also be glad to see the back of Kinnear, and he will not be keen for an accomplished football deal-maker to be installed to help him and Carr rebuild the squad in the summer when at least three major signings will be required.

Appointing Kinnear was one of Ashley’s biggest mistakes and has helped stall any progress this season, and many will be wondering if former MD Derek Llambias will return to the club at some point.

Job done for the boy Joe, really. He's served his purpose, and is now being moved on ahead of a window where we will actually have to make signings. Can't help but be cynical.

As always, I just wonder what comes next.

He'll have something crafty up his sleeve probably turn St James Park in to a S**** D***** Superstore he'll be raging having to let his mate go.You can only imagine what he'll be calling the fans for having the cheek to cancel their ST.

Kinnear had become a figure of ridicule inside Newcastle frustrating colleagues with boasts he was about to meet world famous players, or spend £20m, before delivering nothing.

A serial loser of his mobile phone, which was often found with dozens of missed calls from agents, Kinnears unsuitability for the role of top level deal maker soon became apparent to Ashley.

:lol:

Fuck me

For all those interested Joe will be on the back of a carriage going through town on Friday afternoon. All and sundry are welcome to come out and shout derogatory terms and make illusions to self-buggery in Joe's general direction. Following this the festivities will move along to the stadium where a discussion on why and how this was all Joe's fault will take place. The crowning glory of the day's events will be the naming of Joe's successor 'The Jews'.

For those unaware and by way of introduction 'The Jews' are the perfect fit for the job of Director of Footbally Things at Newcastle due to their great pedigree in the following areas:

a) Finance & Money Management;

b ) Bargain hunting;

c) Never having been blamed unduly for something that is completely beyond their control or ability to have influence over.

What could possible go wrong?

Edited by toonotl

Joe Kinnear resigns as Newcastle United's director of football after overseeing transfer window flops

A serial loser of his mobile phone, which was often found with dozens of missed calls from agents

Blatently leaving it at home while he popped down Aspers for a game of blackjack.