Kinnear resigns!

Meenzer

So why was he hired in the first place? And why is he resigning now? I should be happy but this just seems very fishy.

Just out of interest, how long was left on his contract when his heart exploded last time with us?

I'd say he's resigned as he's finally realised he was there as nothing more than a scapegoat. I'd imagine he felt completely pointless and ineffectual, which you could argue he could have been worse than that if given any actual real control over personnel.

I'd like to think that this is a sign that despite all of his obvious shortcomings Joe Kinnear as a man actually has some self-respect.

So why was he hired in the first place? And why is he resigning now? I should be happy but this just seems very fishy.

He was hired because he's Ashley's mate

He's resigning now as a sacrifical lamb to appease the fans

The reason your not happy is because this wont make any difference to the way things are run at the club

He was hired because he's Ashley's mate

He's resigning now as a sacrifical lamb to appease the fans

The reason your not happy is because this wont make any difference to the way things are run at the club

:lol: Cheers mate. I shall consult you again when my mind is occupied by troubling questions.

If he's resigning to placate the fans then I think they would have a statement from him. This is a polite sacking.

Good point. They likely would have thrown some red meat out for the fans if this were the motive. Something else is up.